Anime suggestions?

GamerGuy

I used to watch Bleach and I loved it, looking to start watching another english anime series online, any recommendations?

Something Bleach-alike would be nice :)

hi

Hmm bleach like? Haven't seen bleach so I can't help you here.

Maybe @Luclocke can suggest something of interest for you. 

*side note* you may be interested in the unofficial LTT anime club Heaven Society

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The only anime I've ever watched and enjoyed was Trigun...

Unless you count Zoids as an anime? But I watched that when I was young (and it was awesome!).

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Anime like bleach... Well that depends which aspect of it you enjoyed, if you like an anime with adventurer that shows the growth of a person as they get stronger and learn how to do new things, a popular anime right now is hunter x hunter.

If you enjoyed the darker aspects of it you may enjoy death note or full metal alchemist

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anime that I've seen and I recommend:

"The big three": One Piece, Bleach, Naruto

Other big manga/anime: Fairy Tail

Shinigami (death god) anime: Death Note

Others I recommend: Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon, Darker Than Black, Busou Renkin, Air Gear, Freezing, Hajime no Ippo.

Old anime you should have watched: Beyblade, Dragon Ball series, Digimon, Pokemon, Zoids, Crush Gear Turbo, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

P.S I advise you to watch most of these in Japanese Dub with English Sub apart from the old anime I listed.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

your probably after something like one piece for a long running show 640 episodes and still going strong(getting the earlier episodes can be a pain) . also check out crunchyroll one of the few legal streaming sites  nice slection of shows and manga

as for shorter more reasnt shows look at log horizon and sword art online

longer shows gintamatoriko and hunter x hunter

Forum Links - COC I FAQ I

I used to watch Bleach and I loved it, looking to start watching another english anime series online, any recommendations?

Something Bleach-alike would be nice :)

If you like Bleach and things like FMA, you'd probably like D.Grey man as well. 

it's pretty long (not unbearably long like fairy tale or one piece)

the ending isn't spectacular, but the ride there is pretty good.

http://puu.sh/8jR9p.png

The ones I highlighted are pretty good, though feel free to watch any of the unhighlighted ones.

out of what you've selected I've only seen 4, and two of them were shit. So I probably won't be able to help that much.

How is madoka not highlighted

Error: 410

I don't think just saying you like something isn't enough for people to give good recommendations, you gotta highlight aspects you liked.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

your probably after something like one piece for a long running show 640 episodes and still going strong(getting the earlier episodes can be a pain) . also check out crunchyroll one of the few legal streaming sites  nice slection of shows and manga

as for shorter more reasnt shows look at log horizon and sword art online

longer shows gintamatoriko and hunter x hunter

Finished Log Horizon just the other day. It was pretty good looking forward to S2

i6dfWoJ.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

School Days

/s

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

I really recommend you Fullmetal Alchemist, you won't regret it.

Also Death Note and Evangelion are 2 of my favorites, do you like the movies of Hayao Miyazaki or you could say Studio Ghibli?

1)Attack on Titan

2)Yowamushi Pedal

3)Hunter x Hunter

Where to watch?

google animehere

School Days

/s

nice boat single handedly made it. 

@OP

you might like blood lad, the mardock scramble films, or requiem for the phantom 

the last two are a bit distant from what appears to be your type though

I don't where to post this, I just found out about it and had my mind blown and took me like 4 hours to make some sense of it and just have to post it somewhere.

MAJOR SCHOOL DAYS SPOILER (look at own risk)

http://i.imgur.com/InWo2.jpg

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

The only anime I've ever watched and enjoyed was Trigun...

Unless you count Zoids as an anime? But I watched that when I was young (and it was awesome!).

yes zoids is a anime and the first on is baller!

Finished Log Horizon just the other day. It was pretty good looking forward to S2

i6dfWoJ.jpg

thought it finished recently at ~25eps or is there more? Im only about halfway through that so I wouldnt know.

yes zoids is a anime and the first on is baller!

thought it finished recently at ~25eps or is there more? Im only about halfway through that so I wouldnt know.

Its got 25 eps total and a side ep that's a recap which I never bothered to download and watch. 

Season 2 for the series was announced at the end of the last episode. Set to release this fall. 

dKEUpgj.gif

I point you to arkada's list of top 25ish reccomended anime. It's a pretty good list and I'd recommend those too.

My personal top 5 is Code Geass, Steins;Gate, Clannad, Durarara, and Welcome to the NHK so i'd recommend all of those, but those aren't really the easiest to get you into anime. the safest recommendations I could make would be Full Metal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan), and Soul Eater.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

nice boat single handedly made it. 

@OP

you might like blood lad, the mardock scramble films, or requiem for the phantom 

the last two are a bit distant from what appears to be your type though

ahhh that ending. So great. I loved it. 

Is phantom any good? I've heard quite a bit about the VN, and I heard the Anime was a pretty bad adaptation. It's something I want to experience in the future, but Idk when.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

Its got 25 eps total and a side ep that's a recap which I never bothered to download and watch. 

Season 2 for the series was announced at the end of the last episode. Set to release this fall. 

dKEUpgj.gif

Oh damn finally a new anime that have some real proper length to it!

I point you to arkada's list of top 25ish reccomended anime. It's a pretty good list and I'd recommend those too.

My personal top 5 is Code Geass, Steins;Gate, Clannad, Durarara, and Welcome to the NHK so i'd recommend all of those, but those aren't really the easiest to get you into anime. the safest recommendations I could make would be Full Metal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan), and Soul Eater.

I find it hard to recommend older anime to those newer to anime now days which is sad. I do have a friend that recently got into it in the last year or so and he prefers the older stuff so i get to rewatch some classics.

Is phantom any good? I've heard quite a bit about the VN, and I heard the Anime was a pretty bad adaptation. It's something I want to experience in the future, but Idk when.

it's a bit cheesy and obnoxious in some regards, but I thought the ending was pretty decent.

there are also some parts where the characters are infuriatingly dense 

it's not bad in the same way rambo isn't either. 

that reminds me I forgot about Full Metal Panic

definitely great and something OP might like

anime is quite decent. Always treat anime as a separate entity otherwise youll never be happy.

Oh damn finally a new anime that have some real proper length to it!

Exactly my thoughts when I started watching. 

t2IGrmJ.gif

If you like Bleach and things like FMA, you'd probably like D.Grey man as well. 

it's pretty long (not unbearably long like fairy tale or one piece)

the ending isn't spectacular, but the ride there is pretty good.

out of what you've selected I've only seen 4, and two of them were shit. So I probably won't be able to help that much.

How is madoka not highlighted

I will second D. Grey man but i seem to recall it not really finishing they story like it just stopped or maybe i just didn't like the ending of it

others that i would also recommend are Fullmetal Alchemist original and Brotherhood, fairy tail, soul eater,