What PSU do I need?

Based on this build, what kind of PSU do I need and what brand do you all recommend? I do not want the build to exceed $1500 USD. I live in the United States and plan to maybe add more RAM in the future. Beyond that, I do not have any plans at the moment to do any major upgrades to this build.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mpqnpH

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($334.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($454.99 @ GameStop)
Case: MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1209.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-24 19:04 EDT-0400

Thanks in advance,

WeTuLo

14 minutes ago, WeTuLo707 said:

Based on this build, what kind of PSU do I need and what brand do you all recommend? I do not want the build to exceed $1500 USD. I live in the United States and plan to maybe add more RAM in the future. Beyond that, I do not have any plans at the moment to do any major upgrades to this build.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mpqnpH

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($334.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($454.99 @ GameStop)
Case: MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1209.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-24 19:04 EDT-0400

Thanks in advance,

WeTuLo

Recomended PSU is 500W, maybe go a little bit higher than that with your CPU choice.

I would advise against that case and instead suggest something with more airflow.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

I'd get atleast 650w for more leeway, just in case you want to OC a bit, add some stuffs like fans, AIO, RGB, etc.

Brand, well, the well known one are usually Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA.  Super Flower isn't bad for a budget choice. I used Leadex II Gold 750w for like 4 years without prob

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

with the 12700 non-k it can boost well over the rated 65W to around 165W so I'd go with something around a 650W or 750W rated PSU. Typically trust Corsair and Seasonic and they usually go on sale for decent mail in rebates on their 80+gold tier PSUs.

arstechnica did a great test for tuning the CPU's power limit and what it actually gives you performance wise

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/03/intels-core-i7-12700-tested-top-speeds-or-power-efficiency-pick-one/

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Oh.... avoid Gigabyte P-GM like a plague, I guess.

Side-note = Try not to skimp too much on PSU, IMHO it's the most important part. Safety is of utmost importance.
A good PSU can last for years, My old PC PSU still going well on it's nearly 11th years, its not even a well known brand.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Oh.... avoid Gigabyte P-GM like a plague, I guess.

4th of July isn't that far off... some people like fireworks, just saying.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

That setup will never go over 400W (even with overclock on all parts)

550W would be ok and a minimum, but cutting it a bit close.

A 650W PSU is enough, as long as it's a decent quality one that won't be loud (if you care about noise).

I am planning on getting a Corsair Platinum HX750W, just to give me some wiggle room if I want to upgrade in the future. I plan on using this PC for many many years to come.