My Motherboard is unable to recognize my M.2 NVMe SSD

InkyLinky

This is my first time posting on here so I hope I follow the rules correctly! 

So i've been trying to install windows on my new pc build and when i get to the point of installing windows the only thing that shows up is the usb drive to install windows 10. I've been searching like every forum for solutions to my problem and tried things like enabling csm, trying to configure my ssd in bios, and more. After all those attempts i'm not sure what else to try. For more information in EZ mode my Ssd shows up under storage information but i can't find it anywhere else , its says: "RAID: Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB"

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z690-e

Cpu: 12th gen intel Core i9-12900k

I have the m.2 installed on the m.2_2 slot on the motherboard which you can find by looking up a manual to the motherboard.

And since it shows up on my bios somewhere i don't think that reseating it would be the issue, but i also heard that with this specific motherboard people have said that the thermal pads that come with the motherboard heatsink for m.2 sometimes bends the m.2 and that could cause problems

Any help appreciated!

57 minutes ago, InkyLinky said:

This is my first time posting on here so I hope I follow the rules correctly! 

So i've been trying to install windows on my new pc build and when i get to the point of installing windows the only thing that shows up is the usb drive to install windows 10. I've been searching like every forum for solutions to my problem and tried things like enabling csm, trying to configure my ssd in bios, and more. After all those attempts i'm not sure what else to try. For more information in EZ mode my Ssd shows up under storage information but i can't find it anywhere else , its says: "RAID: Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB"

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z690-e

Cpu: 12th gen intel Core i9-12900k

I have the m.2 installed on the m.2_2 slot on the motherboard which you can find by looking up a manual to the motherboard.

And since it shows up on my bios somewhere i don't think that reseating it would be the issue, but i also heard that with this specific motherboard people have said that the thermal pads that come with the motherboard heatsink for m.2 sometimes bends the m.2 and that could cause problems

Any help appreciated!

Not sure if this is correct as I'm reversing the instructions of a thread I found to ENABLE RAID but:

- Start/Restart your PC then press Del when the ROG logo appears to enter in your BIOS > Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode > Advanced tab > System Agent (SA) Configuration > VMD Setup Menu :

Map SATA Controller under VMD : Disabled
Map PCIE Storage under VMD : Disabled

- Press F10 to Save & Exit

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

25 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Not sure if this is correct as I'm reversing the instructions of a thread I found to ENABLE RAID but:

- Start/Restart your PC then press Del when the ROG logo appears to enter in your BIOS > Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode > Advanced tab > System Agent (SA) Configuration > VMD Setup Menu :

Tried that and it definitely did something, now it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Edit* I also can't seem to get into Bios now since the first screen i see is the error

50 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Update: buy spamming keys at the startup i managed to get into Bios, and looking at the boot config in the boot tab. I see Boot option #1 #2 and #3

1 is my m.2

2 is UEFI OS(Sandisk cruzer 1.26)(8.0gb)

3 is Sandisk cruzer 1.26)(8.0gb

Edit* I kinda messed around and pressed like "Boot override or something and now it recognized my m.2 in the windows setup, i started the install and hopefully i didn't mess anything up... Hopefully everythings all good!

And thank you SOOOO much for your help, you were incredibly helpful!

• 1 month later...

Hi I’m having the exact same issue with my build where I can’t seem to install windows onto my nvme ssd but shows up in the easy mode would you be able to help. I’m using an i7-12700k and my motherboard is an ASUS z690-f and the ssd is a WD black sn850. But I don’t have those options to select in my bios