Do i need to buy a new aio ?

PyrByte

For the past few month my pc temps have been sporadic sometimes it idles at 40 and goes to 60-70 during games and sometimes it idles at 60-70 and shoots to 90 during games this could happen weeks at a time or just for one day ive tried to underclock and under core my cpu and it still idles at 60-70 normally i would have bought a new aio but then it get better then when i think im in the clear it goes back to being bad again so im in a cycle of whether or not i should buy a new aio or if the aio is even the problem

Specs:

Ryzen 9 5950x 

Rtx 3080

Lian li galahad 360 aio 

Lian li 011d 

9x lian li uni fans

gigabyte auros pro rev 1 

4x 8gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz

Might be a dumb question, but have you checked your fan configurations and fan curves?

Also listen for any gurgling noises which may indicate an AIO might be low on coolant. 

When you hit one of the "clear moments" maybe run a stress test to see if it suddenly brings the issue back. 

You could also look into reinstalling the AIO with fresh thermal paste and see if that helps. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

9 minutes ago, another random person said:

Might be a dumb question, but have you checked your fan configurations and fan curves?

Also listen for any gurgling noises which may indicate an AIO might be low on coolant. 

When you hit one of the "clear moments" maybe run a stress test to see if it suddenly brings the issue back. 

You could also look into reinstalling the AIO with fresh thermal paste and see if that helps. 

Ive installed it with fresh thermal paste and i dont know how to check fan curves for fan configs i just use l-connect for all the lian li stuff 

So to check fan curves, just reboot into the system Bios and it should be labelled "Fan configurations" or something similar. You have a modern system so it should allow you to check the speeds and check the fan speed curves. 

This is of course assuming you have plugged the fans into the motherboard fan headers. External fan hubs may require additional software to manage the curves and monitor speeds. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

Where did you mount the radiator and fans? I do not have a Ryzen 5950x, but I do have a 3950x so it sounds fairly normal to me. More effort into cooling Ryzen with 16 cores and it's why I decided to try a custom loop and some modifying things on my own.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

7 minutes ago, another random person said:

So to check fan curves, just reboot into the system Bios and it should be labelled "Fan configurations" or something similar. You have a modern system so it should allow you to check the speeds and check the fan speed curves. 

This is of course assuming you have plugged the fans into the motherboard fan headers. External fan hubs may require additional software to manage the curves and monitor speeds. 

i checked its put at full speed and the aio is plugged into cpu_fan header 

4 minutes ago, alyen said:

Where did you mount the radiator and fans? I do not have a Ryzen 5950x, but I do have a 3950x so it sounds fairly normal to me. More effort into cooling Ryzen with 16 cores and it's why I decided to try a custom loop and some modifying things on my own.

the radiator is mounted at the top and the fans are on the top right and bottom and its definitly not normal even if its a 5950x its not overlcocked its underclocked and undercored meaning it idling at 60-70 is not normal 

35 minutes ago, PyrByte said:

the radiator is mounted at the top and the fans are on the top right and bottom and its definitly not normal even if its a 5950x its not overlcocked its underclocked and undercored meaning it idling at 60-70 is not normal 

Are the fans on the top radiator set as exhaust or intake? I think it would be better to have it as intake to bring in fresh air if you faired having lower CPU than GPU temperatures. Maybe "normal" is not the proper word I used, but I think it's fairly common temperature expectations for your components you have assembled from trying to use it as the intended normal way. If I am looking at the right case model you have other options to try mounting the fans. I don't know if a 360 radiator can fit on the side or not and I'm assuming you didn't buy the optional mesh front panel. You should try to let things run with the glass side panel off to determine if there is any cooling potential. It's most likely you will need to run the some fans harder that are beneficial for the GPU when gaming. Use the free FanControl software to try tweaking that works with the GPU and CPU temperatures.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W