PC has been crashing daily, how do I diagnose this??

MrP6k

Pc:
i5 2500k,
Wibtek H61 mobo,
Zotac gtx 970
16g ddr3 2x8
240gb "bulldozer" ssd
1tb wd blue
corsair cx550

No BSOD, no nothing. It just freezes up and stays that way until I hard restart the system.
Is there a way for me to check what went wrong without having to replace parts one by one? Maybe with windows log viewer or something?

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

Check your RAM using MemTest, let it run until it's done, see if you RAMs being faulty or not. The test shouldn't show any kind of error.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

15 minutes ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

Check your RAM using MemTest, let it run until it's done, see if you RAMs being faulty or not. The test shouldn't show any kind of error.

Memtest86/64 sucks for ram testing, the github ddr4 oc guide has some stress testing software reccomendations, personally i use prime95 large ffts but any of the ones reccomended there will work too

My suspicion is ram erroring, though i dont see why the ram will crash if it isnt overclocked

Btw consider upgrading the board to a cheapo p67/z68/z77 cause 2500k still has  semi decent performance at 4.8+

You have a well-aged platform at this point and motherboards are one of the most common failure points, especially with that kind of age.

I'd almost bet you're looking at a power delivery issue in the motherboard or PSU.

Processors generally don't stop working unless circumstances get extreme. Water, fire, voltage surge, physical damage to the die, etc. Those are relatively uncommon with all the protections modern PCs have in place for their components, so I'd rule out the CPU as your bad part.

OS installations can become problematic over time as well and cause crashes. A fresh install of Windows may help but I wouldn't count on it.

I'd try reinstalling Windows to start, then upgrading the power supply as a next step if the issue persists. If that doesn't do it, it's something in the motherboard. Consider upgrading from that H61 chipset at least, or upgrading to a newer AMD or Intel platform that you can still buy brand new motherboards for.

With that being said, I had crashes like that happen because of a dying GPU. It was an RX 560 that I bought on eBay and used for a year or so, then one day my PC started freezing and crashing just like yours and installing a different graphics card made it stop.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

39 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Memtest86/64 sucks for ram testing, the github ddr4 oc guide has some stress testing software reccomendations, personally i use prime95 large ffts but any of the ones reccomended there will work too

My suspicion is ram erroring, though i dont see why the ram will crash if it isnt overclocked

Btw consider upgrading the board to a cheapo p67/z68/z77 cause 2500k still has  semi decent performance at 4.8+

The board Im using rn is a fallback, my P67 board died a couple months back (cpu not stable at 4ghz 1.25v)

6 minutes ago, GR1MES said:

You have a well-aged platform at this point and motherboards are one of the most common failure points, especially with that kind of age.

I'd almost bet you're looking at a power delivery issue in the motherboard or PSU.

Processors generally don't stop working unless circumstances get extreme. Water, fire, voltage surge, physical damage to the die, etc. Those are relatively uncommon with all the protections modern PCs have in place for their components, so I'd rule out the CPU as your bad part.

OS installations can become problematic over time as well and cause crashes. A fresh install of Windows may help but I wouldn't count on it.

I'd try reinstalling Windows to start, then upgrading the power supply as a next step if the issue persists. If that doesn't do it, it's something in the motherboard. Consider upgrading from that H61 chipset at least, or upgrading to a newer AMD or Intel platform that you can still buy brand new motherboards for.

With that being said, I had crashes like that happen because of a dying GPU. It was an RX 560 that I bought on eBay and used for a year or so, then one day my PC started freezing and crashing just like yours and installing a different graphics card made it stop.

This wouldn't be the first time I've had a dying gpu, i would be fucking heartbroken if it is the problem. Fuck

1 hour ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

Occt time

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r