Razer Blade 2018 Unbearably Slow... But Only in Games?

OfficeWord
Hey guys! I have a razer blade 2018 base model (i7-8750H, GTX 1060 Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 256gb SSD + 2tb HDD) which used to run perfectly fine; i let it sit for quite a while and now opening it up it runs perfectly normally... until i open any game; in any game it is unbearable slow, not only in game but also in menus, with a delay of several seconds for doing things as basic as scrolling or even clicking the exit button! I have updated drivers, reinstalled windows, downgraded to windows 10, formatted both the hard drive and ssd and installed windows 10 again, installed drivers again, and tried running the games on the ssd instead of the hhd, but none of this works! Weirdly it runs any non-game app perfectly fine, and also performs well in benchmarks, but in games, it just refuses to work, with horrible input delay and frame rates, even in lightweight games such as among us. Please if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!!

*Oh yeah, looking at task manager while the games are running shows no abnormal activity; the usage is roughly the same as it should normally and nothing seems off

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

Well is it using the GTX card or the IGPU? That's the first thing I'd check. Does it perform the same on battery versus plugged in?

Thanks! It originally was using the IGPU, but using NVIDA Control Panel I switched it to the DGPU, and it had no effect on the problem. It does perform roughly the same on battery and plugged in; terrible either way for games, but just fine for regular use and everything else. 

Just now, OfficeWord said:

Thanks! It originally was using the IGPU, but using NVIDA Control Panel I switched it to the DGPU, and it had no effect on the problem. It does perform roughly the same on battery and plugged in; terrible either way for games, but just fine for regular use and everything else. 

Huh that's quite strange... checking Windows Power settings now is everything in there what it should be for performance? 

Yep, the power settings are perfectly normal.