Haggard budget build

everybodysolo

My first hand picked build in over a decade (very limited budget). The case was a gift and the GPU and peripherals were brought over from my old system. I know it has it's downfalls but I really like the way everything came out. it may be a bit haggard but, it's so much better then what I had. I use the ergo keyboard for work and the one on the wall for gaming (MX-Brown switches). The camera and ring light are not in use atm. The keypad is a sub $10 thing I came across on Amazon awhile back. Eventually I want to upgrade the GPU, bring the Ram up to 64GB and get more storage (currently running a SSD 125G (boot drive), 1TB sata, 2TB sitting in a docking station.) 

Power supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 120-GP-0650-X1, 650 G+

Ram
T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz (PC4-28800)

Fan
2X - Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM

Cpu
i5-10600KF 4.8 GHz

Cpu heat sink
ID-COOLING SE-234-ARGB (I moved the fan that came with it to the exhaust)

Mobo
MSI MPG Z490

Case
Corsair iCue 220T AirFlow

Gpu
Radeon RX 580 8GB

20220519_135220.jpg

20220519_135248.jpg

Are you serious?!?! I looked at that proc but couldn't fit it into the budget and thought 10600KF would be a decent runner up. Damn..

Alright, so when it comes time, would you recommend a proc replacement to a 10700K over a new GPU? The main reason why I'm asking, I'm very new to modern PC gaming. Because of this a pretty good chunk of AAA games from the past I haven't had a chance to experience yet. One title I really wanted to check out is Mass Effect LE and the 580 can only handle minimum settings. I'm not looking for ultra, but I really don't want to play it under the lowest settings. It looks insane and I know this sounds stupid, but the game deserves better. 

In that case what would serve me better? the Proc or the GPU?

Thank you for your time and help!

15 minutes ago, everybodysolo said:

Are you serious?!?! I looked at that proc but couldn't fit it into the budget and thought 10600KF would be a decent runner up. Damn..

Alright, so when it comes time, would you recommend a proc replacement to a 10700K over a new GPU? The main reason why I'm asking, I'm very new to modern PC gaming. Because of this a pretty good chunk of AAA games from the past I haven't had a chance to experience yet. One title I really wanted to check out is Mass Effect LE and the 580 can only handle minimum settings. I'm not looking for ultra, but I really don't want to play it under the lowest settings. It looks insane and I know this sounds stupid, but the game deserves better. 

In that case what would serve me better? the Proc or the GPU?

Thank you for your time and help!

The 10600KF is still a very competent CPU, and it's not gonna be a serious bottleneck for a while. My 2600x (very similar to 10600kf) and Rx 480 8gb (580 is basically a tweaked 480) with a little bit of OC on both handles Forza Horizon 4 at all eye candy solid 90 fps. When you eventually do want to upgrade: the 580 is where you'll want to upgrade, it's Polaris architecture which is starting to get dated and will lose driver support in the next few years probably, at which point you can pick up something like a 3060 ti used when that happens and still be enjoying your games happily for years to come. 

Would def recommend exploring an OC on the 10600KF, it should be a decent overclocker.