Hey all, I'm looking for a distroplate other than say the corsair XD7 pump/res for my Cougar Panzer-S build. I'm looking for something I can use in this case with a pair of 360mm Rads in the top and front spaces. The Bykski Panzer G distro plate looks about right but I'm hoping that someone can steer me in a good direction for what I could use in my loop! It will be cooling a 5800x and a 3070 Ti. I know that 720mm for 2 components will be fairly overkill but for silence/OC bliss I'm aiming for max Thermal dissipation. I also have a 120mm slot in the rear and bottom of my case that I could put rads in instead of just fans. I'd like to mount rads to the outter side of the mounting brackets to save room on the case interior for the tubing and fans as SP120 Elites from Corsair will be the fan of choice for Icue ease.

1 hour ago, ZenXlson said:

Hey all, I'm looking for a distroplate other than say the corsair XD7 pump/res for my Cougar Panzer-S build. I'm looking for something I can use in this case with a pair of 360mm Rads in the top and front spaces. The Bykski Panzer G distro plate looks about right but I'm hoping that someone can steer me in a good direction for what I could use in my loop! It will be cooling a 5800x and a 3070 Ti. I know that 720mm for 2 components will be fairly overkill but for silence/OC bliss I'm aiming for max Thermal dissipation. I also have a 120mm slot in the rear and bottom of my case that I could put rads in instead of just fans. I'd like to mount rads to the outter side of the mounting brackets to save room on the case interior for the tubing and fans as SP120 Elites from Corsair will be the fan of choice for Icue ease.

With distro plates they often need to be matched by make and model to the board they cool.   This is a major reason folks used to like reference cards for water cooling.  If the card was reference one didn’t need to worry about what brand one was dealing with.  I don’t know if there even was a reference design for the 3070ti though, so there’s a significant chance the thing won’t work if it doesn’t mention the model in the literature.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

With distro plates they often need to be matched by make and model to the board they cool.   This is a major reason folks used to like reference cards for water cooling.  If the card was reference one didn’t need to worry about what brand one was dealing with.  I don’t know if there even was a reference design for the 3070ti though, so there’s a significant chance the thing won’t work if it doesn’t mention the model in the literature.

I'll be using soft tubing not rigid so I'm not worried about the fitting positions too bad. To be clear I'm not looking for a waterblock, just a distoplate res/pump combo like the EK kinetic FLT series. but a preference to front facing fitting ports. see: https://lian-li.com/product/o11d-distro-plate-g1/ as an example. I'd like something that can positioned in about the same place but in my case. while allowing for a front mounted rad.

3 minutes ago, ZenXlson said:

I'll be using soft tubing not rigid so I'm not worried about the fitting positions too bad. To be clear I'm not looking for a waterblock, just a distoplate res/pump combo like the EK kinetic FLT series. but a preference to front facing fitting ports. see: https://lian-li.com/product/o11d-distro-plate-g1/ as an example. I'd like something that can positioned in about the same place but in my case. while allowing for a front mounted rad.

Ah.  Sorry. Somehow I got distro plate confused with gpu water block.  There’s a derp.    One thought is possibly getting one without the ports drilled and then drilling them yourself.  It’s the tapping of plastic that is the horrible bitch more than the drilling.  Use a bit actually made for plastic and be patient and it’s not a horrible deal. No tapping of course means epoxy which has its own issues.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah.  Sorry. Somehow I got distro plate confused with gpu water block.  There’s a derp.    One thought is possibly getting one without the ports drilled and then drilling them yourself.  It’s the tapping of plastic that is the horrible bitch more than the drilling.  Use a bit actually made for plastic and be patient and it’s not a horrible deal. No tapping of course means epoxy which has its own issues.

not a bad plan but finding an undrilled plate would be tough because then what about the internal runs? Short of getting a 3d printer or a CnC machine a homemade plate seems slightly out of reach.

24 minutes ago, ZenXlson said:

not a bad plan but finding an undrilled plate would be tough because then what about the internal runs? Short of getting a 3d printer or a CnC machine a homemade plate seems slightly out of reach.

It might be easy depending on when the holes are drilled in the manufacturing process.  If they’re done last you just call the factory and get them to pull one off the line before the holes are drilled and send it to you.  Might even be a bit cheaper.  Shipping of course would be a forever thing.  Could even be a case where the guy tells you he can put the holes wherever you want so you even get tapped holes.

Edited by Bombastinator