Why do I have two monitor sound outputs, when I open the sound device menu?

HARDWELL9191

Why does this happen? I have It connected to my computer one output works and the second one doesn't. It's just annoying when switching to the one that doesn't work and have to switch again. Here's a screenshot. You can see Benq is there twice but as far as I know I only have one monitor hehe😁

Screenshot (1).png

Why is happens idk. But you can right click the sound on the taskbar and go to settings. There you can disable the one that doesn't work so it won't show up.

5 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Why is happens idk. But you can right click the sound on the taskbar and go to settings. There you can disable the one that doesn't work so it won't show up.

Thanks, after the second reboot It went away must have ben a bug within Windows 11 Insider Beta

1 hour ago, HARDWELL9191 said:

Why does this happen?

Because your GFX card has the ability to send sound signals on two of it's video output ports, unfortunately many sound drivers ignore the whether or not the video port is in use or not before presenting the sound output as available or not, mainly for people who split video and sound after the output, but may turn off the monitor after the splitter.

3 hours ago, HARDWELL9191 said:

bug within Windows

Windows has always been horrible with audio, 10 is worse.