Looking for 4k TV recommendations!

vladonizer

I'm looking for TV recommendations. It will be used for watching movies and casual gaming, so input lag won't matter if it's not the best. I would like it to be a 4k smart TV 65" or bigger. I really don't want to go over $1,000 USD and of course the lower the better. Even though OLED looks amazing, I'm thinking of staying away from it due to believing it would put me over budget. So the better looking LED's will have to do. I don't have to have a smart TV if it saves enough $ or if it will get me a much better display for the money

If I were buying a mid-range TV right now, I'd go for the Hisense U7G. Right now it's only $820 USD.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

1 minute ago, vladonizer said:

I'm looking for TV recommendations. It will be used for watching movies and casual gaming, so input lag won't matter if it's not the best. I would like it to be a 4k smart TV 65" or bigger. I really don't want to go over $1,000 USD and of course the lower the better. Even though OLED looks amazing, I'm thinking of staying away from it due to believing it would put me over budget. So the better looking LED's will have to do. I don't have to have a smart TV if it saves enough $ or if it will get me a much better display for the money

It'll be difficult to buy a TV that isn't smart, so assume you will.

You're right that OLED is outside of your budget at that size. I'd go with either a Hisense 65U8G or one of Samsung's 2021 sets, like the Q80/Q80A. Good image quality and still recent enough to support virtually all the latest smart TV apps and features.

49 minutes ago, Commodus said:

It'll be difficult to buy a TV that isn't smart, so assume you will.

You're right that OLED is outside of your budget at that size. I'd go with either a Hisense 65U8G or one of Samsung's 2021 sets, like the Q80/Q80A. Good image quality and still recent enough to support virtually all the latest smart TV apps and features.

Someone in OLED_gamming grabbed two clearance 65 inch LG C1 tvs for $629.99 at Target.  However few carried it in the first place so chances of finding one and they weren't all bought out is pretty slim.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

28 minutes ago, ewitte said:

Someone in OLED_gamming grabbed two clearance 65 inch LG C1 tvs for $629.99 at Target.  However few carried it in the first place so chances of finding one and they weren't all bought out is pretty slim.

Now that's a deal... if I'd seen one at that price, I would have bought it out of principle! But yes, it's safe to say the OP can't assume they'll find a (good) OLED set that meets their criteria.