USB Power shuts off after shutting down PC

martino.

Hi,

So I have a USB hub plugged into a front USB port and I have a LED strip plugged into that hub. The problem is, the USB port shuts down when I shut down the comupter. I've googled it and did every step but still no luck. This is what I tried:

- In device manager, right clicked on every USB Root Hub and under Power Management I disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power",

- Fast Startup was enabled by default,

I don't see any setting regarding to USB power in BIOS.

I have a hewlett packard 3397 motherboard. Also, my keyboard and mouse lights turn off as well.

Does anybody has a clue what more I can do about this?

Thanks

Your board is shutting off power when the system is off, this is quite normal. With an OEM motherboard like that you're not likely to find the option to keep power enabled. 

Can you just power these devices with an old USB phone charger?

Probably nothing other than using a powered hub. USB being turned off with the computer is normal behavior. Some motherboards have a port or 2 that stay on so you could try others. 

Some have a setting for that but it'll typically be mainstream "gaming" mobos, not what's found in prebuilts.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

USB outlets powered with the PC off is rare outside of laptops, imho.