Buying 2nd hand GPUs

Daniel_1104

Hi so i’m looking to buy a 2nd hand gpu for my PC off facebook marketplace which mean unlike ebay if it’s a bad GPU i’m out of luck and can’t get a refund. 

What should I do to make sure it’s not a bad GPU? Also some of the places I need to pick them up are a 60 min drive so what evidence of a working GPU can I get beforehand. 

One guy i’m trying to buy a GPU off said he’s sold his rig so he can’t show it works, but I can bring a Pc to test it

You can run a benchmark like heaven and and have hardware monitor in the background.

You won't be able to stress test for long periods of time, but my guess is if he let's you test the card in your rig, he's probably not hiding something. That's as close as you will come to a guarantee.

3 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

You can run a benchmark like heaven and and have hardware monitor in the background.

You won't be able to stress test for long periods of time, but my guess is if he let's you test the card in your rig, he's probably not hiding something. That's as close as you will come to a guarantee.

Oh yhh I completely forgot about the cards warranty, as long as it’s in warranty it’s okay