Whats the best way to transfer files to a new ssd?

atavax

I think one of my SSDs is dying. It stopped being read by my PC a couple days ago and then just started being read again today without messing with my PC physically at all. I have a new larger SSD that I could transfer everything to. I just don't know the best way to do it. Especially because of things like game paths.

Game save data is stored in your appdata directory, so the only thing that needs to be recognized is the game itself.

Transferring steam or other launcher based games, don't bother. If your SSD is failing, just reinstall them. Transferring other games, if they're not steam games you should try to find the installer again.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you want so copy it completely, i recommend copy it as an image. (personally and for work i use hddrawcopy for this).

You might have to adjust the partitions tho if the new ssd is bigger.

Apart from that. I once had similar Issues, and a reseat/remount fixed it.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X3D GPU: Powercolor 6950XT Liquid Devil Board: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-3200 CL16 PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1000 Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 Cooling: Aquacomputer OCTO-Fancontroller, Custom loop with a 420 45mm Alphacool Radiator in the case, one external. D5 Pump, 9x BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed PWM

Macrium Reflect will clone the drive, pretty easy to use GUI. Will say though: read directions, don't wing it. Made that mistake myself and got real frustrated. AOMEI will also be needed to move the recovery partition from the end of the old drive to not the end of the new one unless you want to add another partition.