Strange ping behavior in Minecraft

Forleb

After analyzing my gameplay, I've noticed that my ping on any Minecraft server will range from 50-110ms at any given point. As digits that may sound fine in most cases, but that variance is 120% between the extremes (which are both hit frequently). For those who are experienced with pvp, I also notice very dodgy hit registration despite me strictly hit selecting to avoid the weird 1.8 penalty. I'm using Minecraft to highlight this because it is not present at all in Valorant - I stay at like 50ms ±5ms at all times. What could be causing Minecraft specifically to freak out with my internet?

the pc guy

On 5/11/2022 at 5:48 PM, Forleb said:

What could be causing Minecraft specifically to freak out with my internet?

You need to provide more background information:

1. Type of internet connection (DSL, cable/coaxial, fiber, etc)
  2. Speeds you're paying your ISP for (download and upload)
  3. Medium through which you connect to the internet (e.g. ethernet directly to ISP device, WiFi, etc)
  4. Speed test results from speedtest.net, fast.com (expand the details to see loaded/unloaded latency), dslreports.com and waveform.com. Ensure nothing else is accessing the network when you run these tests.

Your geographic location can also contribute to variation in speeds when connecting to different servers. Nodes can get busy. If you know the IP address of the server you're connecting to, try running a tracert to see where the latency increases or check a website like this one.

I have cable & use an ethernet cord. My plan advertises 200Mbps / 30Mbps, and in reality I get:
image.png.468ff8013eda6d1f039504d28b3321b2.png

I do live in a relatively underdeveloped part of Kansas - Not full blown farms and barns, but far from KC. These are the tracert results for the server I use most:
image.png.d311ec896c2780a078eaa5b56d871454.png

the pc guy