RTX 3070 returning a `code 43` error in device manager, unable to install graphics drivers.

arundel
Go to solution Solved by AlfredManner,
22 minutes ago, arundel said:

I am running a gigabyte x570 itx motherboard, with a ryzen 3700x. 
I have a phanteks evolv shift, and I know there is an issue with the riser cable being pcie gen 3, so I have set pcie to gen3 in the aorus BIOS
I have tried installing nvidia game drivers from geforce experience as well as manually from downloading the driver images (also tried previous versions)
Seems like driver install always black screens in the middle and then PC restarts, and then still have the code 43 error in device manager

I tried checking the gpu driver version in GPUz and it seems like it says the driver is up to date there, but I don't see nvidia control panel etc.
I also updated the motherboard BIOS to F35, wondering if that might be an issue?

Any help is appreciated, my gpu used to work fine and then I started to get crashes/freezes in games so I reinstalled gpu drivers and it put me in all this mess.

Try using DDU to do a complete driver uninstall and reinstall

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I've had error 43 where windows had stopped the decio because device reported a problem. That's mostly a graphics card failure, but before giving up, try the above DDU solution.

Are you able to test the Graphics card in a friends computer?

I have a phanteks evolv shift, and I know there is an issue with the riser cable being pcie gen 3, so I have set pcie to gen3 in the aorus BIOS
I have tried installing nvidia game drivers from geforce experience as well as manually from downloading the driver images (also tried previous versions)
Seems like driver install always black screens in the middle and then PC restarts, and then still have the code 43 error in device manager

I tried checking the gpu driver version in GPUz and it seems like it says the driver is up to date there, but I don't see nvidia control panel etc.
I also updated the motherboard BIOS to F35, wondering if that might be an issue?

Any help is appreciated, my gpu used to work fine and then I started to get crashes/freezes in games so I reinstalled gpu drivers and it put me in all this mess.

22 minutes ago, arundel said:

Try using DDU to do a complete driver uninstall and reinstall

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I've had error 43 where windows had stopped the decio because device reported a problem. That's mostly a graphics card failure, but before giving up, try the above DDU solution.

Are you able to test the Graphics card in a friends computer?

Thanks for the reply, that was a really good idea, I swapped the card into my wife's PC and it works fine, I then tested in my original PC without the riser card and it works, I think I just need a new riser cable, the old cable was bent at a weird angle, 2 years may have been too much stress 😕

Thanks so much! you saved me much heartbreak!

5 hours ago, arundel said:

My setup until Friday,

hopefully my cat doesnt try to end me…

D202127F-92F6-4EA5-BDFC-34AEE5D29179.jpeg

Awwwww I have 3 rescue cats, they can be a handful at times, all 5 of my mining rigs always end up with lots of fur, foot thing I installed appropriate filters.😖

If the cheap eBay ones are anything to go by, I'm surprised you're lasted 2 years.