480Hz 24" 1080p TN gaming monitor

Doobeedoo
On 5/12/2022 at 1:59 PM, Cyberspirit said:

I don't get why people seem to hate TN so much.

Very simple: I had TN monitors. That's why I hate it so much.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

22 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Very simple: I had TN monitors. That's why I hate it so much.

I had them too. And I was reading hype around IPS displays for years. Finally got one and it's super disappointing. Viewing angles aren't that better, just on vertical axis and even that just mildly, backlight bleeding is horrible and it's ghosting quite badly despite being 144Hz with allegedly same pixel response times as that several years old TN. I have to use highest overdrive setting to get rid of ghosting. At least it's not overshooting at all even when in full overdrive mode. If I was picking monitor again this moment, I'd just buy a larger 144Hz TN...

New monitor tech (especially high refresh) usually starts at TN panels and eventually makes its way to VA and IPS. I own all 3 panels in a triple monitor setup. The VA is superior to IPS to me due to the black levels. The TN is fine, but I was an early adopter of 1440p 144hz gsync with that panel. All 3 are complete dumpster fires to OLED, but I won't use OLED on a PC unless I only game on it.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max