Is my GigaSpire GS4220e a router/modem combo? Also, help with configuration - possibly fix slow up/down speeds?

Jensday
Hello,

My ISP installed the GS4220e router (modem as well?) and also another black box that has a label with "Home Gateway Default Settings" and this label has the same listing of information there as the label on my GS4220e. My ISP installed them last August and have the cable from the GS4220e's WAN to the other boxes LAN connection (I've attached pictures of this setup). I only use wireless connections from my ISP on my fiber optic 300Mbps/300Mbps plan. I've tried to find this information on their website and elsewhere with no luck, can anyone answer this one for me?

I also noticed on another post that "You really need to know the WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN throughputs to be sure." and if it can do "Gigabit NAT". Does anyone know with mine?

I'm also not getting the speed that I think I should be. I've tested it with 2 different websites and have the results below.
Speed test results: (Using Windscribe VPN for TRUE results)
21.17Mbps Download
10.78Mbps Upload
(Ping) Network latency: 22 msec round trip time
Jitter: 22 msec
and
Speed test results: (Using Windscribe VPN for TRUE results)
20.8Mbps Download
11Mbps Upload
(Ping) Network latency: 36 msec round trip time
Jitter: 1 msec

However, my Wi-Fi connection (Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adaptor) is running at 54Mbps. Is there anything under the lower "Activity" section under the "Properties" there that I should have checked that might help?

21 minutes ago, Jensday said:

only use wireless connections from my ISP on my fiber optic 300Mbps/300Mbps plan.

300 Mbps isnt hard to push. Its when you get to Gigabit + that you start having NAT issues. You're problem is just WiFi. In order to get faster speeds on WiFi you need to use 5Ghz. 2.4 Ghz has too much shit that can interferer with it. Also, the amount of walls between the router and device also matters on top of the materials your home is built out of. 

24 minutes ago, Jensday said:

s running at 54Mbps. Is there anything under the lower "Activity" section under the "Properties" there that I should have checked that might help?

Thats Wireless G/A speeds. Something is wrong here. Some times you can tell the router to drop older protocols like wireless G and A, this way it should force it to connect at a higher standard. That being said with what was said above, you clearly have some kind of issue. 

23 minutes ago, Jensday said:

Windscribe VPN

VPN's can slow down your connection as well. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

25 minutes ago, Jensday said:

GS4220e router (modem as well?)

Fibre doesn't really have a modem, but a ont does basically the same thing here.

25 minutes ago, Jensday said:

Using Windscribe VPN for TRUE results)

Turn this off for testing speed, VPNs can kill speed.

Test the speed on wired to know if its the wifi or the internet connection

26 minutes ago, Jensday said:

However, my Wi-Fi connection (Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adaptor) is running at 54Mbps. I

That makes it seems like wifi is your issue here. What chnnel is it running at? What are the wifi settings? Is this over 5ghz?

14 hours ago, Donut417 said:

300 Mbps isnt hard to push. Its when you get to Gigabit + that you start having NAT issues. You're problem is just WiFi. In order to get faster speeds on WiFi you need to use 5Ghz. 2.4 Ghz has too much shit that can interferer with it. Also, the amount of walls between the router and device also matters on top of the materials your home is built out of. 

Thats Wireless G/A speeds. Something is wrong here. Some times you can tell the router to drop older protocols like wireless G and A, this way it should force it to connect at a higher standard. That being said with what was said above, you clearly have some kind of issue. 

VPN's can slow down your connection as well. 

Thank you! There's only 1 wall between the router, modem and my computer, so that shouldn't be affecting it. 

I went into my Device Manager and my Network Adapter, where I found that the 802.11n/ac/ax