Help

Tjn

hi guys,

i'm planning to buy a watercooler for my CPU and i'm hesitating between Aorus Liquid Cooler 360 and Nzxt Kraken Z73, if anyone has any suggestion for me i would be very grateful

Picsart_22-05-08_12-43-50-571.jpg

What CPU are you trying to water cool, and how much are you willing to spend? 

Odds are both of those coolers are gonna be an Asetek rebrand with an LCD bolted on top of the pump, so they will perform identically and you should just get whichever one is cheaper. That said, you can probably get something from the likes of Arctic or EKWB that will perform better than those coolers for less (just without the LCD bolted on top), or depending on your CPU stepping down to a dual tower air cooler might give you pretty similar results and be a lot cheaper.

what cpu r u trying to cool, also is the lcd temperature indicator on the aio's a necessity?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

I have an amd ryzen 5 5600x used for gaming and programming.
the lcd display is not really necessary.

3 minutes ago, Tjn said:

I have an amd ryzen 5 5600x used for gaming and programming.
the lcd display is not really necessary.

That does not need an AIO. Something like the Vetroo V5 will be more than enough to keep that chip cool. It just doesn't output all that much heat. 

Also make sure to quote so we get a notification. 

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That does not need an AIO. Something like the Vetroo V5 will be more than enough to keep that chip cool. It just doesn't output all that much heat. 

Also make sure to quote so we get a notification. 

I agree with all that was said here, although if you want a more expensive air cooler, clearly since you had the budget for an aio, I would suggest the noctua nh-u12 or u 14? The ones with a single tower 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

7 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

I agree with all that was said here, although if you want a more expensive air cooler, clearly since you had the budget for an aio, I would suggest the noctua nh-u12 or u 14? The ones with a single tower 

Neither of those Noctua coolers really make sense though. The Scythe Fuma 2 and Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 are better coolers for cheaper overall. They have slightly louder fans, yes, but you can always just lower the fan speeds since those coolers have more cooling capacity.

Also, you'd be better off spending the money on that cooler on a better GPU or a better CPU. 

10 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Gamers Nexus just gave the Thermalright Assassin Spirit 120 the thumbs up as another cheap cooler option. 

I haven’t gotten around to watching that video yet