I have a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 for my motherboard, and ever since I got it my wifi card hasn't been able to pick up a wifi signal. I've tried ever troubleshoot I could find online and playing around with settings myself, and yet nothing has worked. This has been a problem for months now and I'm so tired of it. I've been able to get a wifi signal to my computer with an ethernet cable, but I can't get that cable hooked up to the router at my new house. I would like to figure this out.

I think this is my wifi card: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0832MR4WB?pd_rd_i=B0832MR4WB&pd_rd_w=HpxF7&pf_rd_p=75edadd2-86be-4ee5-8051-494ee8e3e65e&pd_rd_wg=Ho5az&pf_rd_r=CE0RGBK6SP0EBB3BV1JP&pd_rd_r=4e7ff003-db7b-451f-b829-38af3a357630

Did the packaging for it come with any form of information about drivers? Like a link to go to in order to download any?

There's the possibility that the thing is dead, and if so you should return it and get a different wifi card.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

Did the packaging for it come with any form of information about drivers? Like a link to go to in order to download any?

There's the possibility that the thing is dead, and if so you should return it and get a different wifi card.

It's not dead, I use it for Bluetooth and it works fine. And I tried downloading the driver for it through the website and the disk it came with, both didn't work.

Just now, Just_Landon said:

It's not dead, I use it for Bluetooth and it works fine. And I tried downloading the driver for it through the website and the disk it came with, both didn't work.

I should also clarify the the Bluetooth divers download fine but the wifi drivers refuse to download.

10 hours ago, Just_Landon said:

I should also clarify the the Bluetooth divers download fine but the wifi drivers refuse to download.

Only thing I can think of is that it's defective, if one is working just fine but not the other. If you just bought this recently and are still within a return period I don't see any reason to not return it and try something from a different brand.

There's also those power line adapters that's a pretty good solution to be able to do Ethernet. Some years back I remember Jayztwocents doing a video about those, and I'd imagine you can find other videos on them.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

2 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Only thing I can think of is that it's defective, if one is working just fine but not the other. If you just bought this recently and are still within a return period I don't see any reason to not return it and try something from a different brand.

There's also those power line adapters that's a pretty good solution to be able to do Ethernet. Some years back I remember Jayztwocents doing a video about those, and I'd imagine you can find other videos on them.

I've tried a usb wifi adapter from another company and it didn't work either. Drivers wouldn't download it it wasn't working on it's own.

I have a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 for my motherboard, and ever since I got it my wifi card hasn't been able to pick up a wifi signal. I've tried ever troubleshoot I could find online and playing around with settings myself, and yet nothing has worked. This has been a problem for months now and I'm so tired of it. I've been able to get a wifi signal to my computer with an ethernet cable, but I can't get that cable hooked up to the router at my new house. 

I use it for Bluetooth and it works fine. And I tried downloading the driver for it through the website and the disk it came with, both didn't work. I've tried a usb wifi adapter from another company and it didn't work either. Drivers wouldn't download for that either. I should also clarify the Bluetooth drivers download fine but the wifi drivers refuse to download.

This is my wifi card: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0832MR4WB?pd_rd_i=B0832MR4WB&pd_rd_w=HpxF7&pf_rd_p=75edadd2-86be-4ee5-8051-494ee8e3e65e&pd_rd_wg=Ho5az&pf_rd_r=CE0RGBK6SP0EBB3BV1JP&pd_rd_r=4e7ff003-db7b-451f-b829-38af3a357630

Is the device listed in Device Manager?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

10 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Is the device listed in Device Manager?

Nope

-= Topics Merged =-

Do not repost topics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

S-Sowwy sir

On 5/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, Just_Landon said:

I've been able to get a wifi signal to my computer with an ethernet cable

Do you mean you can get internet connectivity via ethernet?

My first suggestion is take a known working device from another computer and try it on yours, or alternatively, install you wifi adaptor into another machine and check it works.

Otherwise i think you have a dodgy installation and should do a fresh install if the hardware is working but you go no wifi.

As an aside, "S-Sowwy sir"  No.... just ... no.

Prototype Engineer - Oxford Hackspace