Ubiquiti equipment availability

RipVanWinkled86

How does LLT always seem to score Ubiquiti equipment even though they seem to be having a inventory crisis? I've been trying to plan out a new house build and am looking to go full Ubiquiti with a dream machine/24 port switch and some G4 bullets and Doorbell but lord help i haven't been able to find anything in stock anywhere. Anyone have any good tips or sites for invertor tracking?

8 minutes ago, RipVanWinkled86 said:

How does LLT always seem to score Ubiquiti equipment even though they seem to be having a inventory crisis?

They're a media company that's providing Ubiquiti with publicity, so they get early production units to review. The fact that you're here and you're planning on going "full Ubiquiti" shows it's working. 😉

There are other vendors out there, and you can get a hell of a lot more for your money (especially if you shop around for used enterprise equipment).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Honestly im sure there is better value out there but have had some experience with Ubiquiti's layer 3 switches in the past for smaller clients and it was just easy and seamless which is what im going for. spend all day dealing with technical issue for my job and just want to come home to something not over complicated and hodgepodge'd togather

I like Ubuiqiti's edge routers, they're super cool and I use them at my business and home but I've had nothing but problems with their APs. I haven't had any stock issues, it depends on what you're looking for and unless you need a large quantity of units most of their products are in stock on Amazon.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

The issue i've seen on amazon at least when it come to the camaras is just the insane markup at least in the US. I'd be interested in what kinda issues you've ran into with their AP's. 

9 hours ago, RipVanWinkled86 said:

The issue i've seen on amazon at least when it come to the camaras is just the insane markup at least in the US. I'd be interested in what kinda issues you've ran into with their AP's. 

They have a tendency to launch new products feature incomplete and buggy, the nanoHD annoyingly wouldn't let you set 160Mhz from the WebUI you HAD to use the controller, even though its the only Ubiquiti device I had (well except a couple of Litebeams which don't use the controller, which makes it even more silly).  I also believe it didn't even support 160Mhz at all at launch.  I do not believe it supported SNMP either, you're expected to probe the controller instead.

The fact they're selling WiFi 6 Access Points with only WiFi 6 on 5Ghz also seems a bit of a con to me.

I mean granted they tend to be cheap, but they're also not at all clear when their products are cut-down like the above.

I get why people like everything being controlled from one place, but its not for me.  And the fact Ubiquiti have two different ranges with their own controllers, that are not compatible with each other, plus devices which don't use a controller at all can be very confusing for people.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7