Dual PSU's powering car subwoofer

Vatablous

I have a 1000w rms (peak 1400w) car sub that i want to power indoors. I've seen people power them with desktop PSU's. 

My question is, as 1400w PSU's are expensive, can I / how could I run 2 750w PSU's in parallel, as they are significantly cheaper?

or rather, if this is a terrible idea, would I be able to use a server psu instead? (if anyone knows anything about server psu's please lmk how I would connect it)

Why not get an amplifier (need one anyway) and wire it all to the CSR / car battery?

thats what I had done with my car. Never heard about the PSU way

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

That's 1400 watts RMS It's not 12volts 1400 watts. RMS in speaker means, power refers to how much continuous power the speaker can handle.

No, you can't parallel the power supplies.

Your audio amplifier takes in 10...14v from the car's battery / alternator and boosts it to maybe 80-100v inside and that's how it drives that subwoofer.

You can buy server power supplies for cheap, for example here's Supermicro 1280w 1U server power supply for $49 + shipping :  https://unixsurplus.com/supermicro-pws1k28p-sq-psu/

The pinout is here (2nd, with 23 pins) : https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/supermicro-psu-pinout/

To start it up, it should be enough to short the /POn pin (pin 8) to ground (ex pin 30, 24, 25 etc), maybe through a small value resistor (ex 100 ohm) resistor if you want to be nice about it

3 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Why not get an amplifier (need one anyway) and wire it all to the CSR / car battery?

thats what I had done with my car. Never heard about the PSU way

I have it currently in my car, however want to be able to use it in my house as well

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

No, you can't parallel the power supplies.

Your audio amplifier takes in 10...14v from the car's battery / alternator and boosts it to maybe 80-100v inside and that's how it drives that subwoofer.

You can buy server power supplies for cheap, for example here's Supermicro 1280w 1U server power supply for $49 + shipping :  https://unixsurplus.com/supermicro-pws1k28p-sq-psu/

The pinout is here (2nd, with 23 pins) : https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/supermicro-psu-pinout/

To start it up, it should be enough to short the /POn pin (pin 8) to ground (ex pin 30, 24, 25 etc), maybe through a small value resistor (ex 100 ohm) resistor if you want to be nice about it

Thank you, this is the conclusion I came to, however was not sure what type of server psu to get. 

Thanks for your input

20 hours ago, Vatablous said:

I have it currently in my car, however want to be able to use it in my house as well

The Subwoofer? No idea my friend - Mine was all hard wired into the car aftermarket. 

I think youll still need an amplifier/surround sound system in your house to connect your sub to it.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD