Should i use US power supply in 220V country/environment?

Hello! i live in Armenia where we use european power output (220v) voltage, should i order power supply from US market ?? will it work? 

There is a such a good deal in Newegg with asus rog strix 750w 80+ gold and rog strix 3060, or 30600ti sold together for 550-620$ and now i am building my pc, i would like to buy it, but idk if it's ok...

I will leave a link, please look😊

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4492153

I know it's out of stock, but it restock frequently. 

The Asus ROG Strix has specified input voltage as 100V-240V. That will work in any country so long as you have the right power cord.

1 hour ago, Rexper said:

The Asus ROG Strix has specified input voltage as 100V-240V. That will work in any country so long as you have the right power cord.

Yes idk about power cord, how to get european one? 

Wow, so most of higher end power supplies can use from 100V-to 240V huh? nice, to be honest i want to buy corsair coz i  want all corsair build, Are RM 850 W 80+ Gold power supplies good?  

2 hours ago, Gamerboy1996 said:

Wow, so most of higher end power supplies can use from 100V-to 240V huh? nice, to be honest i want to buy corsair coz i  want all corsair build, Are RM 850 W 80+ Gold power supplies good?  

Does Newegg even ship to Armenia? If you order from the US Newegg, it'll probably come with a US plug.  

If it doesn't ship with Euro plug then search around local shops for a "C13 cable".

Corsair RM PSUs are great. 850W overkill for an RTX 3060 though.

2 hours ago, Gamerboy1996 said:

Wow, so most of higher end power supplies can use from 100V-to 240V huh? 

ALL PSUs that aren't garbage can support full range voltage input.

If the PSU only supports 230V or has an input voltage selector switch, they should be avoided.

7 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

ALL PSUs that aren't garbage can support full range voltage input.

If the PSU only supports 230V or has an input voltage selector switch, they should be avoided.

thank you very much, can you please mention 2-3 of good power supplies for 750W to 1000W for 100-150$ please, and if they have EU power cord, that'be amazing. 

36 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Does Newegg even ship to Armenia? If you order from the US Newegg, it'll probably come with a US plug.  

If it doesn't ship with Euro plug then search around local shops for a "C13 cable".

Corsair RM PSUs are great. 850W overkill for an RTX 3060 though.

Well in Armenia we have delivery system, they have warehouse in US, Dubai, Germany, UK, we order in that countries, specify the location to that addresses where their warehouse is, get stuff delivered there, then via plane or ship to our hellhole))) 

26 minutes ago, Gamerboy1996 said:

thank you very much, can you please mention 2-3 of good power supplies for 750W to 1000W for 100-150$ please, and if they have EU power cord, that'be amazing. 

If they ship from the U.S., it's not going to come with an EU power cord.

11 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

If they ship from the U.S., it's not going to come with an EU power cord.

I know))

38 minutes ago, Gamerboy1996 said:

I know))

You could just order the power cable separately or probably buy it from a local hardware store. The plug that goes into the power supply is standardized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320#C13/C14_coupler

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Hardware®-contact-computer-monitor-projector/dp/B06XG6Z7NL?th=1

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I don't think Newegg sells any PSUs with the Euro plug. They're like $5 anyways.

10 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

You could just order the power cable separately or probably buy it from a local hardware store. The plug that goes into the power supply is standardized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320#C13/C14_coupler

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Hardware®-contact-computer-monitor-projector/dp/B06XG6Z7NL?th=1

nice! i will order one, do you know, can they ruin pc if the quality of the cable is bad? thanks.

10 hours ago, Rexper said:

I don't think Newegg sells any PSUs with the Euro plug. They're like $5 anyways.

okay, thanks for the info

1 hour ago, Gamerboy1996 said:

nice! i will order one, do you know, can they ruin pc if the quality of the cable is bad? thanks.

Unless it is super shoddy and catches on fire, I don't see how it could damage your PC. It's a power cable, so essentially just some wires and insulation.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

Unless it is super shoddy and catches on fire, I don't see how it could damage your PC. It's a power cable, so essentially just some wires and insulation.

i see, thanks😊

I chose i7 12700K 

rtx3060 (will upgrade to new gen stuff in 6 months when they come out)

32gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz

AIO Cooler from corsair 240 or 360mm

What should i choose ? be quiet, corsair idk..

i think about corsair  rm850w gold and rmx 850w  english is my 3rd language so i looked at tier list, but it's mostly for US market, i need for eu

99% of PSU's that work in the US work in the EU. And the tier list probably wouldn't put the ones that wouldn't work in both on top. Not only that but retailers won't sell hardware that won't work. If you want to be sure you can always check if it supports whatever Volt your country uses (in EU usually 220-240)

As for some good options that are usually not expensive: MSI AGF, Corsair RM, RMx, Bitfenix Formula Gold, Whisper M. 

@Gamerboy1996 I have merged your threads together. Please stick to a single thread for the same question. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

41 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

99% of PSU's that work in the US work in the EU. And the tier list probably wouldn't put the ones that wouldn't work in both on top. Not only that but retailers won't sell hardware that won't work. If you want to be sure you can always check if it supports whatever Volt your country uses (in EU usually 220-240)

As for some good options that are usually not expensive: MSI AGF, Corsair RM, RMx, Bitfenix Formula Gold, Whisper M. 

thanks! i think i will go with Corsair RM 850 gold, there is rmx 850 gold on amazon for 140€ but it doesn't say which year wss it made.

32 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

@Gamerboy1996 I have merged your threads together. Please stick to a single thread for the same question. 

okay, thanks😊  i am new here but i got a lot of help from here, thanks to the whole team😊

7 minutes ago, Gamerboy1996 said:

thanks! i think i will go with Corsair RM 850 gold, there is rmx 850 gold on amazon for 140€ but it doesn't say which year wss it made.

You would use the "CP" part number to determine that.

10 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You would use the "CP" part number to determine that.

thank you so much, i will look for it!