What can I do or change for my build to be optimal for gaming?

Yuri12

Budget (including currency): Php

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, and music producing.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: AMD A4-6300k
GPU: IGD
Mobo: emaxx a70fm2+icafe

RAM: 8gb 1600mhz
PSU:700watts

SSD: 120gb
HDD: 1tb

That system is more or less E-waste at this point. Only reason I'd use almost any of those parts (the SSD and HDD are likely fine, and the PSU might be OK depending on the exact model, but I'm not hopeful) is if they were given to me for free. They're just not worth spending any money on. 

you either have to replace the majority of the machine or play older or low end titles

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That system is more or less E-waste at this point. Only reason I'd use almost any of those parts (the SSD and HDD are likely fine, and the PSU might be OK depending on the exact model, but I'm not hopeful) is if they were given to me for free. They're just not worth spending any money on. 

what if I keep the mobo and the drives, what would be good for me to replace the cpu? because I was planning on buying a gpu,

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

you either have to replace the majority of the machine or play older or low end titles

any cpu suggestions and gpu suggestions? I can't afford to start a new build on a new motherboard tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Yuri12 said:

what if I keep the mobo and the drives, what would be good for me to replace the cpu? because I was planning on buying a gpu,

The platform as a whole isn't worth running. It was slow when it came out in 2012. If you want to play low end games it might be OK, but unless you get the CPU for dirt cheap it's really not worth using. Every CPU available for a modern platform is significantly faster than the fastest chip available for that motherboard.

For modern games, I would say go ahead and start fresh. sucks, but the motherboard doesn't have much of an upgrade path ahead.

You really need at least a B450 and a Ryzen 3 or 5, or Intel equivalent in this day and age, with at least an iGPU (G-series Ryzen or Intel non-F processor). Even with an iGPU, you'll be limited to the minimal graphics settings. What sort of budget would you have for a new build?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Not sure what OP's budget might be, but I think something like this eBay listing might be more cost-effective for now... Although I'm not sure OP's current power supply can work with this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304364609970?hash=item46dd8b61b2:g:VqoAAOSw1mViEWQE

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

thank you for everyone's replies. It's much appreciated.

Folks, I also just remembered I have an old Lenovo M71E laying around. SFF machine. Don't recall exact specs, but if memory serves, it is a mid-level i3 or i5, with a chipset supporting some pretty nice i5 or i7 upgrades. Any chance this machine might make a good upgrade parts donor for OP?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!