Why can't I find RJ45 splitter anywhere

Selvan

Hey Linus group, am unable to find an RJ45 splitter that simply doubles the ports from your router. Please point to the techquickie video on this topic in case I missed. My goal is to take one active Ethernet port and use it for two devices that consume internet. Please post products in Amazon that does this.

TIA

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

There are Splitters for ethernet but wont do what you want. you can connect 2 devices however only one of them can be on at the same time. A splitter only " splits " the cable , what you need is switcher or a router . you can find pretty cheep ones 

RJ-45 usually used for a switched ethernet network does not work like RJ-11/phone line.

You are likely thinking of the splitters you see associated with RJ-11 for landline phone connections. This uses an analog signal and can be physically split by just using Y splitters.

A switched ethernet network uses a digital signal and requires a logic device to tell it where to send traffic. This is most typically achieved by using a Switch as CustomEnchants linked to above. You're going to need to purchase a few Ethernet cables to go with it as well.

I think they mean a splitter that allows connecting 2 devices at 100Mbps by using only part of the wiring for each

https://www.tripplite.com/2-to-1-rj45-splitter-adapter-cable-10-100-ethernet-cat5-cat5e-m-2xf-6in~n035001#:~:text=RJ45 splitter connects two 10,computers on one network line.

You need one on each end.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I think they mean a splitter that allows connecting 2 devices at 100Mbps by using only part of the wiring for each

https://www.tripplite.com/2-to-1-rj45-splitter-adapter-cable-10-100-ethernet-cat5-cat5e-m-2xf-6in~n035001#:~:text=RJ45 splitter connects two 10,computers on one network line.

You need one on each end.

This is what I need. But can't find a shopping site that ships to India.

I see advises not to split or can't be split. Please explain in layman's as to why this can't be achieved. Also I don't intend to use a switch coz that requires external power. Can this be achieved simply by connecting the pairs. Sorry if I sound dumb.

you cant 'split' an ethernet cable to have one side in the router, and the other two ends in a computer. (well yes you can, but it's basicly a breeding ground of problems... and potentially dead network cards)

to get more ports behind your router, you should get a simple network switch. at this point a 5-port switch doesnt go for much more than a bunch of 'phone line style' port splitters, which by the way are still used, but are meant for places which run 'POTS' phone lines over their RJ45 infrastructure, and may need to have the same phone line end up on two fax machines.

this is what you should get:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-5-Port-Gigabit-Network-Switch/dp/B0863M7C1L/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=Gigabit+Switch&qid=1650971351&sr=8-8

this is the product you have in mind, from a somewhat reputable seller, note the warnings they plastered below it:

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Adapter-8P8C-1F-107294/dp/B0069LVUPS/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=rj45+splitter&qid=1650971492&sr=8-4

• Use with older 4-line analog phone systems which use 8P8C (RJ45) cables
  • This will split the lines allowing two such phones to be connected to the same input line
  • Note that this will NOT work with Ethernet/LAN cables