Fan on 560 ti making noises

My MSI 560 ti Twin Frozr 2 is making weird noises, and i know it's on the fan because if make it stop spinning the noise stops. Don't know if it's related, but this card always had high temperatures, i think it got to ~110C on Furmark, and ~100C when gaming. 

The video card is kind old already (3 years i think), but i don't plan to buy another cause i'm not playing anything that requires a better card. If i really need to, i want one with about the same performace, and since i live in Brazil (price on eletronics here is insane) older cards usualy are cheaper.

100C? are you cooking with that?

try cleaning it.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

You could take the fan apart and clean the bearing, but other than that you'll probably need to get a new fan. Not easy to find, the easiest way is to buy a cheap fried/bricked card on ebay and salvage the fans. And speaking of fried cards, you might want to do something about those temperatures. I recommend compressed air and some new thermal compound.

BTW, how are you not getting throttling issues at 100+°C?

You could clean any dust on it. The fan bearings are probably getting old as well. hence the noise.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It have always been this way, and as i imported it, i couldn't send it back and get a new one. 

This was after 10 minutes of CS:GO

Cg21rP3.png

My gawd :o you made a GTX 4802.0 :o

Seriously, remove the cooler, reapply thermal paste spreaded evenly, blow all shit from the fans.

If it continues, consider the Gelid icy vision to replace your cooler, or buy a R9 270/ Nvidia GTX 760.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I have some Artic Silver 5 i got a while back, i'll try cleaning up everything and applying it tomorrow. But IIRC, the card had this temperatures since i got it, don't know if it will change much

Just cleaned up the card, was REALLY dirty, the fans had an immense amount of dirt underneath it. While i was cleaning it up i noticed something: one of the fans is not spinning properly. If i spin the left one with my finger, it will keep spinning for like 3~4 seconds before it stops, while the right one spins for just half a second. Another thing i noticed is that when i spin the right fan with my finger, i can feel the card vibrate a little, so i guess part of the noise was coming from that.

After i finished up, the noise was quieter (but still there), and here are the teps after playing another round of CS:GO

0TRq4gR.png

Thanks for the replies

Massive improvement mate, well done, just remember to give your PC a clean out every now and then ;)

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW