Very strange security alert from microsoft

Digideath

I got a 'microsoft account unusual sign-in activity' email. At first i thought it was spam but the addy was microsofts accountprotection email. I checked it against my history and i have loads of emails from the addy over a 10 year period dealing with everything from alerts to password changes so the email is legit.

The problem is the account it's trying to warn me about. I have never seen this account before. It's not one of mine. So i really don't have a clue why im being emailed about this. I'm left wondering what this account is and just what's going on.

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Bluscream said:

Thanks for bringing this up; seems like its become a big issue for many people now: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlook-mail-account-unusual-activity/6cfb226f-8cd7-41ae-bd0a-a80d100af543?page=6&messageId=0a15727f-93ca-4455-8643-bc9bfb218006

I'll hope this is covered on media soon so MS has to fix it

Thank you for this. Thank god im not the only one. I'm not going insaine lol.

I've had a few of these now. All the same. I thought someone was trying to hack my email at one point. It does happen. My email has been compramised several times in the past (I pissed off the wrong people 🤣 ) but i quickly figured out this was actually from MS themselves. But nice to know i'm not the only one seeing this. Trouble ticket submited. The more of us that complain about it, the more likely MS will do something about it.