30% CPU and 30% GPU on League of Legends

CrAzY156

Good day, my pc specs are

Intel i7-4770k at 3.6GHz

Raedon RX 550 2gb

16gb ddr3 1600MHz Ram

My problem is that league of legends barely uses resources, at high settings I get low cpu usage and gpu usage and my fps is at 200, however it constantly dips to 90, my cpu and gpu temps are as low as 60'c for both, I dont know how to fix this..

What's the issue with FPS dipping to 90? Do you actually have a monitor that refreshes higher than 60hz? If you don't, you won't be able to notice a framerate dip if it doesn't go below your monitor's refresh rate.

It's normal for FPS to fluctuate. It will change a lot as the game loads/unloads entities. But again, if you don't have a monitor that can refresh at higher speeds than your FPS, you don't have anything to worry about. Matter of fact, you should be framerate limiting to just a few frames above your monitors refresh rate.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

Look at your per core usage. League is IIRC a very single threaded game, and so you're probably maxing out one core and that's what's limiting performance.

11 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

What's the issue with FPS dipping to 90? Do you actually have a monitor that refreshes higher than 60hz? If you don't, you won't be able to notice a framerate dip if it doesn't go below your monitor's refresh rate.

It's normal for FPS to fluctuate. It will change a lot as the game loads/unloads entities. But again, if you don't have a monitor that can refresh at higher speeds than your FPS, you don't have anything to worry about. Matter of fact, you should be framerate limiting to just a few frames above your monitors refresh rate.

I have no problem with fluctuating fps, the problem is whenever it drops, the game freezes for a split second and that cant constantly happen in a game like league.

Just now, CrAzY156 said:

I have no problem with fluctuating fps, the problem is whenever it drops, the game freezes for a split second and that cant constantly happen in a game like league.

Now that is a different problem entirely. FPS dips is one thing, game freezing is another. Like @RONOTHAN##said, check single threads in task manager. You can do this by right clicking on the performance graph and go to "change graph to --> logical processors"

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

4 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

Now that is a different problem entirely. FPS dips is one thing, game freezing is another. Like @RONOTHAN##said, check single threads in task manager. You can do this by right clicking on the performance graph and go to "change graph to --> logical processors"

this is a screenshot of the graphs while im ingame 

dadd.png

Think it's actually the RAM that could be your bottleneck here. It's an ancient game, but still in heavy scenarios the memory could simply not be able to manage assets fast enough at just 1600MHz and uncapped FPS. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

• 1 year later...
On 4/25/2022 at 12:11 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

Look at your per core usage. League is IIRC a very single threaded game, and so you're probably maxing out one core and that's what's limiting performance.

Ya, one of my core is at 100% perma. Do you know any solutions other than overclocking or upgrading?

5 hours ago, herfillerarc said:

Ya, one of my core is at 100% perma. Do you know any solutions other than overclocking or upgrading?

No, those are your two options.