AMD FX 8300 Black Edition Wattage?

Last Question guys, is the AMD FX 8300 Black Edition 95 watts? Or is it 125 watts?

If it's TDP you want to know it's 95W listed on the product website. Actual power consumption will be higher.

image.png.807933002a78d69c116996aff970c6d1.png

37 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

If it's TDP you want to know it's 95W listed on the product website. Actual power consumption will be higher.

It will only be higher if you OC and OV.

The rated boost clocks are actual P-states, which is part of the 95w thermal design point. 

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

image.png.807933002a78d69c116996aff970c6d1.png

Not necessarily - It will depend on how it's setup to run.

95W is for it being ran at stock speeds and voltage, which BTW the stock rated voltage is higher than it needs to go at it's rated speed.

1.40v's is it's stock voltage but it will do just fine at 1.32-1.35v's at stock speed, if it's boosting that will make a difference in voltage but only while it's doing that since the board will manage voltage itself while boosting.
If you disable boosting it will run at it's stock speed only.
Voltage can be left on "Auto" so the board will manage all that itself or it can be set manually to whatever value you want it to be, the board will still manage voltage while it's boosting - If you disable boosting it should remain wherever you set it manually.

Of course if you raise speeds beyond what's spec'ed for it at stock power consumption will increase but that's also for any chip you can name as well.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

Not necessarily - It will depend on how it's setup to run.

95W is for it being ran at stock speeds and voltage, which BTW the stock rated voltage is higher than it needs to go at it's rated speed.

1.40v's is it's stock voltage but it will do just fine at 1.32-1.35v's at stock speed, if it's boosting that will make a difference in voltage but only while it's doing that since the board will manage voltage itself while boosting.
If you disable boosting it will run at it's stock speed only.
Voltage can be left on "Auto" so the board will manage all that itself or it can be set manually to whatever value you want it to be, the board will still manage voltage while it's boosting - If you disable boosting it should remain wherever you set it manually.

Of course if you raise speeds beyond what's spec'ed for it at stock power consumption will increase but that's also for any chip you can name as well.

Especially that 8300. The next best thing is the 8320(E), but I had the 8370E. 

My best clocking chip on LN2 was the 8300 specifically speaking. Even played CSS at 7ghz 🙂 

Not sure why, but the lower bins always seemed to clock better. 

1 hour ago, Guest 5150 said:

Especially that 8300. The next best thing is the 8320(E), but I had the 8370E. 

My best clocking chip on LN2 was the 8300 specifically speaking. Even played CSS at 7ghz 🙂 

Not sure why, but the lower bins always seemed to clock better. 

In my experience the 95W chips didn't clock as high on Ln2 as the 125W chips did, and they were just as good as the 9 series FX chips for OC'ing.

I'll PM you the link to a few of my results so you'll know who you're dealing with here if you didn't know already. 😉

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

1 minute ago, Beerzerker said:

In my experience the 95W chips didn't clock as high on Ln2 as the 125W chips did, and they were just as good as the 9 series FX chips for OC'ing.

I'll PM you the link to a few of my results so you'll know who you're dealing with here if you didn't know already. 😉

Of course I know. I'm Shrimpy

4 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Of course I know. I'm Shrimpy

Ah - Gotcha, then you DO know. 😁

6 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Ah - Gotcha, then you DO know. 😁

You betcha. 🙂