Sound Bar advice

First time here Nd first time posting. I have a 40 inch TV in my living room with a PS4 for DVD and Blu-ray and I also have a Firestick for streaming etc. I'm looking to get a sound bar for the setup as tv speakers are just not cutting it for me anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations on make/model that would work for my setup and allow audio from girestick and ps4 to pass through the sound bar and video to the TV? not looking for top of the line as I dont want to break the bank and am thinking of something say sub $700 Canadian.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

What TV do you have? Just want to know if it supports eARC and/or optical sound.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Im at work right now but Ill get the model for you when I get home.

Ok got the info for you mr fobs:

It is a Samsung UN40F6300AFXZC Version TU02

Edited by BT-Headshots

If you're deadset on a soundbar - https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/soundbar

That's at least a good start and you can do further research from there.

I'll always recommend a receiver or DAC+AMP combo and 2.1 setup with bookshelf or floorstanding speakers, it's a much better value (if you go for used stuff), but you lose the simplicity and it obviously takes up more space. 

46 minutes ago, Colty said:

If you're deadset on a soundbar - https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/soundbar

That's at least a good start and you can do further research from there.

I'll always recommend a receiver or DAC+AMP combo and 2.1 setup with bookshelf or floorstanding speakers, it's a much better value (if you go for used stuff), but you lose the simplicity and it obviously takes up more space. 

unfortunately I do not have the space for a DAC+AMP combo and book shelf speakers. Ill take a look at that link.

Ty

Took a look but alot of them are no longer available or out of price range.

av receiver with speakers is what you really want. full detailed audio. actual Dolby atmos over upfiring rubbish.

personal preference or what is best for audio/ surround sound? pick one!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to second the "try to go 2.1" advice. Two good speakers will check the box of "one sound source per ear" and you can often get surprisingly good sound stage and imaging that way.

Aiyima A07 + Polk ES15 (can be mounted on a wall, one screw per speaker either in a stud or through drywall with a proper anchor) ought to work well. The DAC is reasonably small, though it does require a power brick. This could conceivably be placed behind the TV.

Getting a GOOD subwoofer might be a bit space constrained but you might be able to squeeze in something like an SVS-SB1000 (ideally purchases used at a lower price). The Sub is about 12"x12"x12" which is reasonable.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800