What Are Your Budget Monitor Suggestions?

Fernio

I’m looking for a 1080p gaming monitor in the $150-$200 range (U.S.).

I mostly play competitive games, so I’m looking for 144hz, 1ms response time monitors. I know that’s a big ask for the price, but isn’t unheard of. I’ve got a few sitting in my cart but I wanted to hear some opinions from the community and maybe see what other budget users are driving daily.

Thanks for the feedback!

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Non-Glare-Super-Narrow-Bezel/dp/B095J8PRCW/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=144hz+monitor&qid=1650596632&sprefix=144%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-14

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185391265862?hash=item2b2a2e3846%3Ag%3AWZYAAOSwYM9iXceR&LH_Auction=1

these would be the 2 I would go for, MSI has great real (never trust quoted refresh rates on monitors) refresh time scores, Asus has better looking colours and is slightly brighter but smears a bit more when overdriving to 144hz (not bad, just not as good as MSI)

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

3 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

MSI has great real (never trust quoted refresh rates on monitors) refresh time scores,

Why shouldn't one trust the quoted refresh rate. I've seen a lot of misleading marketing on monitors, but the refresh rate is something the don't lie about.

@Fernio

The best you can do for around $200 USD is hands down the AOC 24G2. While it might only be a 24" 1080p monitor, it has great response times and color performance (basically unrivaled in this price class).

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:
10 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Why shouldn't one trust the quoted refresh rate. I've seen a lot of misleading marketing on monitors, but the refresh rate is something the don't lie about

The quoted refresh rate in hz is usually the max the monitor is capable of regardless of smearing, artifacts and ghosting. You'll see monitors quoting 170hz but are only playable at 120hz due to major graphic problems

Response time is the worst lie by far but refresh rate vs playable refresh rate has become the same problem

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

For 200 buck I think you will be able to get some of the budget 1440p monitor though, which could make more different than any performance metric