Amazon dispatch times

pythonmegapixel

How long does it typically take Amazon to dispatch an item that is sold and fulfilled by them? I ordered more than a day ago and apparently it's yet to be dispatched.

I don't usually buy from Amazon but I have a gift card to use up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Depends on the item I'd guess (I've only bought from Japanese shops through them, which has been quick for what that's worth). Doesn't it usually show an estimate of "estimated delivery by X"? Unless you paid for expedited shipping, I'd say just wait. It's only been (just over) a day.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If you selected "free shipping" (not as a prime member), they will ship it when it is convenient for them (ie: filling a semi trailer to go to the next local warehouse.)

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

From my experience? Fucking horrendous. I've just bought about a dozen items this week on Amazon Australia, all fulfilled by Amazon, minimum 2-week delivery time.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Can be anywhere between 1 day and 2 weeks depending on the item, where it's located, where YOU are located and what not.
Usually, when on a product page, it should tell you something like this

image.png.dc21cb1682487218fe3191795f68815a.png

With paid shipping (or Prime), you can get it tomorrow.
But free shipping? That's next week. And in my personal experience living in a big Canadian city with Amazon warehouses within the city and within a handful of hours driving... it's relatively accurate and usually much faster. Not rare that I receive things within 2 days or so, even on the weekends, with free shipping (no Prime). Delivered by Amazon themselves.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Can be anywhere between 1 day and 2 weeks depending on the item, where it's located, where YOU are located and what not.
Usually, when on a product page, it should tell you something like this

With paid shipping (or Prime), you can get it tomorrow.
But free shipping? That's next week. And in my personal experience living in a big Canadian city with Amazon warehouses within the city and within a handful of hours driving... it's relatively accurate and usually much faster. Not rare that I receive things within 2 days or so, even on the weekends, with free shipping (no Prime). Delivered by Amazon themselves.

Yeah, it's fulfilled by Amazon. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow. It's still not showing as dispatched.

It isn't urgent, but if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be rather underwhelmed.

I'm actually getting it delivered to one of their lockers rather than my home, as there's often nobody in. I don't imagine that makes much difference though.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I live in the UK. I chose free delivery, ordered on Friday and it was delivered on Sunday

2 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Yeah, it's fulfilled by Amazon. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow. It's still not showing as dispatched.

It isn't urgent, but if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be rather underwhelmed.

I'm actually getting it delivered to one of their lockers rather than my home, as there's often nobody in. I don't imagine that makes much difference though.

If they have a warehouse nearby, they could be confidend that they can get it to that locked by tomorrow even if it ships out tonight or tomorrow morning. Had that happen before.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Depends on your location and the location it was shipped from.  Sometimes they're off by a day or 2 and sometimes your order gets lost for 4 weeks and then finally delivered with the packaging and contents melted in half after being stuck in the conveyor belt.  

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! 

Deal with Amazon directly for support issues and don't believe the sellers for one minute.