i need a cheap case that supports my A320M-A PRO by MSI

KillTheRich420

hi everyone!

so, as i said in the title, i need a case that supports my motherboard and i never really figured out how to find out if my case is ATX or microATX (now that i think about it, i don't even know what ATX means lol). i need it to be cheap and to do its job decently well. i'd also like it to be pink/purple cuz i wanna do a vaporwave themed build. can anybody help me? thanks in advance!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#f=2,7 Any case that supports mATX or ATX motherboards.

Very few cases are made in colors besides black/gray/white, and the ones that do are often junk meant to appeal to people who care more about a certain look than they do practical considerations. You would be better off using lighting to get the a e s t h e t i c you're going for.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

ATX is a standard form factor. Micro ATX is a bit smaller and doesn't need all the same standoff mounting points. Both have their pros and cons, but a full ATX is more likely to have certain more desirable features than a Micro-ATX. That said, A320 is a bit older and at least most of them don't support 3200 Mhz RAM, if any do at all, and 3200 Mhz is kind of the standard for performance these days. Any particular reason you chose or are sticking with this board?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

1ktUFTx.png

Just what I needed.

7d3.png

😉 yer welcome! I went with a DIYPC case for my newest rig and I absolutely love it. No ragrets 

On 4/21/2022 at 12:48 AM, An0maly_76 said:

ATX is a standard form factor. Micro ATX is a bit smaller and doesn't need all the same standoff mounting points. Both have their pros and cons, but a full ATX is more likely to have certain more desirable features than a Micro-ATX. That said, A320 is a bit older and at least most of them don't support 3200 Mhz RAM, if any do at all, and 3200 Mhz is kind of the standard for performance these days. Any particular reason you chose or are sticking with this board?

mainly because i got it new from ebay for like 40 bucks and i thought it was a good price. besides, i saw a video by Dawid Does Tech Stuff (if i recall correctly) where they tested different ram speeds and the difference in performance was like 1 or 2 fps so who cares. not to mention that if i have ram that can go as fast as 3733mhz and i underclock it, it'll last longer. the real problem with my rig is the ryzen 3 1200 i'm stuck with lol

On 4/21/2022 at 1:25 AM, IAmNik said:

😉 yer welcome! I went with a DIYPC case for my newest rig and I absolutely love it. No ragrets 

damn bro, that looks nice af! thanks for the suggestion!

On 4/21/2022 at 12:30 AM, Middcore said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#f=2,7 Any case that supports mATX or ATX motherboards.

Very few cases are made in colors besides black/gray/white, and the ones that do are often junk meant to appeal to people who care more about a certain look than they do practical considerations. You would be better off using lighting to get the a e s t h e t i c you're going for.

yeah i thought about leds too but firstly, even though i play videogames, i don't wanna look like a gamer cuz gamers get no bitches and leds are too gamery. secondly, my psu is 450w so idk if it has enough juice to add rgb