Windows 11: Tips on removing Microsoft's spyware?

Sigfried

I'm not planning on switching to W11 on my main pc any time soon but I'd consider trying it out on my old laptop, Do you have any tips or can point me to a concise guide (please no blogs) on how to Remove as much microsoft spyware as possible?

My personal recommendation would be to look up blocklists for Microsoft's telemetry servers.  You could use something like pi-hole, and also blacklisting certain IP addresses in your firewall(s).  It's probably not a sure fire way, but in my opinion it's your safest and most effective bet. 

The issue with trying to block Microsoft spyware is that especially in newer versions of Windows, these features are integrated into the Operating Systems itself.  More and more, removing or changing these features requires configurations outside of Control Panel \ Settings, and can lead to potential risks.  This doesn't even include certain Microsoft features so deeply ingrained in the operating system they can't be disabled. 

I know this isn't the answer you want - but personally if you care this much about Microsoft's spyware, Windows probably isn't the operating system for you.  Perhaps in the next year or two you might manage, but you're just trying to patch a boat with a bunch of holes. 

Blogs are probably your best source of knowledge, as unless someone is an expert on how Windows is configured, built or has extensively researched this topic (probably on blogs) - they will probably recommend standard-type mitigations that are found within most blogs anyway.   

When it comes to things like this, fixes are usually only temporary and need to be applied on a regular basis - you're modifying the operating system configuration to something non-standard and as you know by now, Microsoft is pushing for more telemetry and data collection.  In my opinion, Linux might be an option worthwhile exploring. 

5 hours ago, Akolyte said:

The issue with trying to block Microsoft spyware is that especially in newer versions of Windows, these features are integrated into the Operating system itself.

In my opinion, Linux might be an option worthwhile exploring. 

Oh, I'm aware I can't block everything, I'm not trying to, I know It's impossible.

I'm just curious to know what's the most I could do within reason.

About the good ol' Tux...

I know Linux, I know how great it is and I wish it all the best but... I already encounter continuous issues with certain software in Windows, switching to it wouldn't make things better.

Linux is, as of now, just not an option. I need things to work and Windows is the sweet spot for what I do. (for now)

I always say Windows is like democracy:

It's by far not the best, It's just the least worse.