ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A vs MSI MAG274QRF (non QD)

JustinHunter

Hey guys I'm looking to upgrade to 1440p for my main monitor and switching my AOC 24G2 to my secondary monitor.

Currently the VG27AQ1A (has the same panel VG27AQL1A) as the is $400 CAD compared to the MSI which is $530 CAD (and that's only for the non QD lmao) I know that the MSI has quicker response times at all frequency ranges and it has better contrast ratio, but is it worth the extra money? When the MAG274QRF (non QD) goes on sale it's around $480 CAD which is still quite a  bit more expensive. I also saw some people mention with the VG27AQ1A that the advertised 10bit display would only work at 120 Hz and going beyond that you would only be able to run 8 bit at 165Hz, but then I realized that would be the same case with the MSI MAG274QRF because they both run DisplayPort 1.2 so that won't really be an issue for me. Currently leaning towards the VG27AQ1A but any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Would you consider the MSI Optix G273QF if that's available in Canada? Since you're not getting the QD version anyways it's pretty much the same panel-wise (sans USB ports if you care about that and HDR you wouldn't use anyways) and should be cheaper. If not I'd say save the $130 and go with the ASUS.

The VG27AQ1A seems like a great deal for the money (if it really has said 1LA panel). I didn't find anything comparable for a similar price.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.