Would a hyper 212 black edition work well with an i5 12400f with APE enabled?

ShieldWasTaken

I was worried the hyper 212 wouldnt be enough, I was aiming for a arctic cooler esports duo but it does not support lga1700 out of the box. Im hiring memoryexpress to build for me so that was the dealbreaker. I am going to be using an asus TUF b660m plus wifi with power limits uncapped with APE, Will the 212 be enough to keep it reasonable cool?

The stock cooler is enough to keep the 12400F cool without power limits, the Hyper 212 would be more than enough to keep that chip cool. It just doesn't draw all that much power, even without power limins.

@ShieldWasTakenHardwareUnboxed showed the 12400F not benefiting having power limits uncapped. And the stock fan is gonna cool it fine like @RONOTHAN##mentioned, but the noise will be unbearable for a huge chunk of the population.

It might be fine for you, it might be not, depends on where you keep the computer, and how good you are with noise. Do try it stock first though, to see if it's fine for you.

3 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

@ShieldWasTakenHardwareUnboxed showed the 12400F not benefiting having power limits uncapped. And the stock fan is gonna cool it fine like @RONOTHAN##mentioned, but the noise will be unbearable for a huge chunk of the population.

It might be fine for you, it might be not, depends on where you keep the computer, and how good you are with noise. Do try it stock first though, to see if it's fine for you.

Though, If i use a hyper 212 cant i dial down the noise? If not, im going down to 11th gen and using a arctic freezer as if the noise is unbearable im willing to go down

1 hour ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

Though, If i use a hyper 212 cant i dial down the noise? If not, im going down to 11th gen and using a arctic freezer as if the noise is unbearable im willing to go down

Yeah, even a Arctic freezer 13 would work (with a 92mm fan). As soon as you step away from the stock cooling, it's very easy to control the noise. As for whether the stock will be unusable for you, well that's up to your ears, very subjective xD

4 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Yeah, even a Arctic freezer 13 would work (with a 92mm fan). As soon as you step away from the stock cooling, it's very easy to control the noise. As for whether the stock will be unusable for you, well that's up to your ears, very subjective xD

Just bought all the parts, Picked up an arctic freezer 34 esports duo, hope it goes well (thank god the gpu was in stock)

14 hours ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

Just bought all the parts, Picked up an arctic freezer 34 esports duo, hope it goes well (thank god the gpu was in stock)

That's overkill for 12400/F, it will work more than fine.