looking for USB C or USB 3 type A HDMI Dongle Capture

Hey All im trying to use my 6th gen intel i7 Asus Rog Laptop as a capture/streaming computer to connect my gaming rig to. Im looking for an affordable USB type C or USB 3 external HDMI capture device thats able to do 1080p 60. 30 if needed.

Any recommendations from personal use that are on amazon? ive seen a few but was wondering if anyone had one they had used they could recommend.

What region do you use on amazon?

3 hours ago, Einoo said:

What region do you use on amazon?

Oh my bad, USA East Coast

Had such bad experience with newegg even though the new jersey warehouse delivers next day with ground shipping i had used for 15 years that i stopped giving them my business

Elgato game capture hd60s worked fine for my friends xbox. May I ask what you're using it for? You don't really need a capture card unless you're recording an external device such as a console.

3 hours ago, Einoo said:

Elgato game capture hd60s worked fine for my friends xbox. May I ask what you're using it for? You don't really need a capture card unless you're recording an external device such as a console.

I have a 4 drive external dock with 4 4TB drives im recording gamplay to. i want to stream and record to my laptop while playing on my primary system.

Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.8GHZ 4X8GB DDR4 and RTX Auros Master V2 3080 @2160MHZ

Actually looking to move to 5900X after AM5 Drops as will prices on used cpus..

4 minutes ago, AnUnQuietMind said:

I have a 4 drive external dock with 4 4TB drives im recording gamplay to. i want to stream and record to my laptop while playing on my primary system.

Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.8GHZ 4X8GB DDR4 and RTX Auros Master V2 3080 @2160MHZ

Actually looking to move to 5900X after AM5 Drops as will prices on used cpus..

Incase doing all of that in your primary system wouldn't be an option yes you'd need a capture card.

3 hours ago, Einoo said:

Incase doing all of that in your primary system wouldn't be an option yes you'd need a capture card.

Really just doing it for the short term till i get more core/thread cpu. I want to declutter my desk with external drives and offload some of the USB ports onto another computer (my laptop) 

3 minutes ago, AnUnQuietMind said:

Really just doing it for the short term till i get more core/thread cpu. I want to declutter my desk with external drives and offload some of the USB ports onto another computer (my laptop) 

a 5600x is completely capable of handling streaming, playing games and recording at the same time. I feel like using $200 for something you don't really need is just unnecessary here if I'm honest. Have you tried streaming/recording before and had issues?