Mud + flash drive = ???

Hey guys, kinda interesting dilemma here. I had a 32gb Samsung flash drive, USB-A 2.1, cost me about $16 at the local best buy, I bought it last fall for music production class, moving sessions and audio files around from studio to studio, etc. Well, after about 2 months of it on my keychain, it fell off, and I lost it. So, i bought a newer, slightly nicer 64gb SanDisk flash drive with USB-A 3.1, its been pretty good so far. My little sister just found my old flash drive sitting in the dirt outside my parents house, so she WASHED IT OFF and then gave it to me. It's a little rusty, but I stuck it in my USB-A to USB-C adapter and plugged it into my Macbook Air, and it registers just as it did before. However I am hesitant to actually use it, due to the fact that it was submerged in water and/or mud. I've had problem with corrupted flash drives and sd cards before, and its no picnic. Any advice? Should I still use it?

14 minutes ago, theogBiGJOE said:

It's a little rusty

Maybe don't use it for important stuff. There might be more damage inside. Good as a testing drive or ready boost if Windows still supports that. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain