Weird Dual Monitor behaviour with new MSI Optix MAG274QRF

I have used a dual monitor setup for quite some time now and got used to all the quirks it brings with it on Windows. But using my new MSI monitor as the primary display brouhght some new issues with it that are a bit annoying. 

When I turn off or on the 2nd monitor, the MSI monitor seems to shift in colour quite heavily. Also when I turn on/off the 2nd monitor both displays flicker quite heavily for ~ 5 seconds. Both behaviour that I didn't have with the old setup.

Now the flickering I can tolerate, but the colour shifting is quite annoying. I don't know why it happens and what's the cause of it. If it's a Windows colour management issue, a display isssue or a GPU issue. 

The Monitors are now connected both to the GPU's display ports, the old setup had one monitor connected to GPU DP and one on the iGPU HDMI port

I experience flickering when using two monitors on DisplayPorts and turning the second one on and off. I was told that was simply something that happens with two DPs on the GPU. I also did not have that issue when using a DP and an HDMI. Seems that's just a (bad) feature of using two DPs.

However, I don't experience color issues. Could have anything to do with when HDR is on, perhaps? Maybe Windows doesn't know what to do when one monitor is HDR and the other isn't? I'm totally guessing at this point.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

1 hour ago, varrys said:

However, I don't experience color issues. Could have anything to do with when HDR is on, perhaps? Maybe Windows doesn't know what to do when one monitor is HDR and the other isn't? I'm totally guessing at this point.

I was thinking about HDR as well but from what I can tell it's disabled in Windows and on my monitor OSD.

I did try to have one monitor connected via DP and the other via HDMI but it still flickers 😕