New Bluetooth version on Windows

Marco Solotov

I went to check the bluetooth version in the device manager and the firmware version is: LMP 12.13444. What is this version? Could it be bluetooth 5.3? I didn't find anything about it.

considering lmp10 is 5.1 and lmp11 is 5.2, It would seem as if lmp12 is 5.3, yes

1 hour ago, Marco Solotov said:

I went to check the bluetooth version in the device manager and the firmware version is: LMP 12.13444. What is this version? Could it be bluetooth 5.3? I didn't find anything about it.

What exactly did you check in Device Manager to verify Bluetooth version? As far as I can tell, you can't. What type of Bluetooth device do you have? Built into a motherboard? A USB add-in? PCIe? That LMP # has nothing to do with the Bluetooth spec of your device. 

Below I have an Intel AX200 Wifi/BT chip which supports Bluetooth 5.2. As far as I can tell, I can't verify that anywhere in Device Manager, maybe i'm wrong, but it has nothing to do with that LMP number.

image.png.a2083664b25b4517c4cee2f6fdc077e2.png

9 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

That LMP # has nothing to do with the Bluetooth spec of your device. 

It actually does. 

The LMP number corresponds to a version of Bluetooth. 

Yours says 11, so your chipset supports 5.2.

If it had said 10, it means it supports 5.1.

LMP 12 means 5.3 from what I know. 

@TheBean, and @LAwLzare correct.

You can very this via Microsoft documentation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-bluetooth-version-is-on-my-pc-f5d4cff7-c00d-337b-a642-d2d23b082793

There is no version 12 under the doc, but it has been clearly not yet been updated, and one can easily deduce it, as there is no version between Bluetooth 5.2 and 5.3

wait hold on a second.... I just bought an intel ax210 wifi module today which says its 5.2 on the spec sheet yet I also have lmp 12 now. so now i dont know if its just that the ax210 supports 5.3 but it doesnt say, or lmp 12 is still 5.2

Edit: I did some more digging and this is what I found on the bluetooth specifications website:

https://btprodspecificationrefs.blob.core.windows.net/assigned-numbers/Assigned Number Types/Host Controller Interface.pdf

in addition of the LMP, theres also the HCI version specified. '

I have HCI 12.13444 / LMP 12.13444 and according to this document, that means 5.3

so maybe it really is 5.3 

Edited by TheBean
more research done

• 1 year later...

AX210 is now per the new spec sheet 5.3!  😉