Drives:

Pioneer Blue Ray drive D:

Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD C:

WD Blue SSD 1TB shows SanDisk SSD G5 BICS4 G:

Samsung 870 Evo 2 TB J:

Samsung 870 Evo 2 TB K:

After I power off my PC for the night and power it on the next day drives J and K won't show in the BIOS or the OS. After I drain the mainboard of power by turning off the power switch at the PSU I can get the drives to show. I wonder if I have a bad SATA controller on the main board. Also I get motor or seeking noises from the optical drive.

As far as I can see the Drives that work all of the time are plugged in to 4 and 5, port 4 being WD blue SSD and port 5 being optical drive. Port 2 2nd 3 are my Samsung 870 Evo drives, The ones that have issues not showing in the BIOS or OS.

Do I have a configuration problem, or hardware issue?

the optical drive will make noise, its a mechanical part. The Drives shouldn't be disappearing though, it's most likely a problem with your power supply or out of date bios. If you know, what kind of motherboard do you have?

Gigabyte B460M DS3H V2 motherboard. RM 650X PSU. BIOS F23a, BIOS date 10-05-2021. Latest on Gigabyte web sight F23, See web sight. F23 newer. Capsule BIOS, can not be reversed. I downloaded it.

Did BIOS update and had hard time finding setting to boot Windows 11. Turn out incorrect boot device was selected. SanDisk was selected instead of 980 Evo 1 TB in BIOS. BIOS updates suck, Well that and booting Windows 11 with a vanilla BIOS.

Checks in Windows:

DRAM Frequency = 1596.2MHz

tpm msc. ready for use

Secure Boot On

Windows 11 boots