Should I overclock

Cerberrus27
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

I mean, why not? Odds are you won't notice it (monitor overclocking is only really super noticeable on 60Hz or lower panels), but it's easy enough and there aren't really many risks, so if you feel like it sure. If you don't want to bother, I wouldn't.

Hey there I was just wondering what you guys think about over clocking monitors. I currently have mine set at 144hz but should I overclock it to 165hz or is it just pointless. 

I mean, why not? Odds are you won't notice it (monitor overclocking is only really super noticeable on 60Hz or lower panels), but it's easy enough and there aren't really many risks, so if you feel like it sure. If you don't want to bother, I wouldn't.

Not really noticable at that high frame rate but why the hell not, its literally a freq increase and thats all, no volt increase or anything so id assume its completely safe, if you end up black screening cause too high freq usually itll revert via either the driver or monitor itself, just make sure to have a system restore so you can recover incase the monitor/driver doesnt recover

Not worth the time and effort most of the time. Unless you're on 1080p 60hz in that case it can make a different if you are really, really lucky. 

2 hours ago, e22big said:

Not worth the time and effort most of the time. Unless you're on 1080p 60hz in that case it can make a different if you are really, really luck

5 hours ago, TrigrH said:

Only if there is a built in overclock setting, otherwise dont bother.

Ya the is a built in one on the monitor