a concept that's been floating around my head for a bit too long

i have a question: do y'all think if i make an entertaining enough video/essay/presentation/whatever about how crappy my current rig is (athlon ii x2 215, 2gb ddr2 ram, i do not know how it works with w10) the guys over at ltt will consider having mercy on me? i've been holding out on rog rig reboots for the past two years now and being out of north america i'm afraid i'll have to wait even more, might as well take the chance and considering i won't have a time limit i'll have a chance to be even wackier with it.
posting this here because i've wanted to get this idea out in the open somehow and i've been dealing with this pc for 11 years now (even in its heyday it wasn't a real trooper either).

i'm well aware this kinda treads on the "advertising and begging" section of the community standards but i'd really rather just ask you guys before doing anything out of nowhere, should any moderators want to delete this and shoot me off the site i won't be too torn about it

regardless of what you may think i wish you a good day and a better week. feel free to comment on this rather ridiculous concept.

cheers,
    liam;

2 hours ago, liamsemicolon said:

the guys over at ltt will consider having mercy on me?

Most likely not. No harm in trying; I wouldn't make a post on here though

2 hours ago, liamsemicolon said:

should any moderators want to delete this and shoot me off the site i won't be too torn about it

The post will likely be deleted but you won't get bannedTM

elephants

I sympathize you, but LTT already has programs where they give away a free PC to those in need (ROG Reboot for example). The next time a PC Giveaway is happening, please do apply!

But this is pretty clearly against the "begging" rule. If you live in an area with low income, you can research to see if there are local organizations to help you out.

Otherwise, you'll want to save up and look at used components to slowly upgrade to a new system. If you don't have any income, look at a part time job.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, FakeKGB said:

The post will likely be deleted but you won't get bannedTM

Probably not deleted, but there's a 99% chance it'll get locked.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

I wouldn't make a post on here though

big LS deserves to know i am out to get him. i am a force to be reckoned with

Spoiler

(for obvious reasons this is a joke, i promise i am not a threat)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The next time a PC Giveaway is happening, please do apply!

if patience is key i'm kicking the door down

No. For the very simple reason that it would be so very easy to abuse.

I could find a $50 pc on ebay and then claim it's my only computer and I really need a new one for reason x.

Can you imagine the amount of begging that would immediately start as soon as others in your situation found out that they gave someone a new pc?

He's already said he's not doing it again:

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

If getting the money is not an option, I'd start planning on a good video to present for the next ROG Reboot. Either way, you're going to be working your butt off for a PC. Making a video that can stand out from the rest is not a trivial task.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

-= Locked =-

This does ride the No Begging rule.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER