Finding PC's Network top rated speed

octester
Go to solution Solved by Cr33ps,

It is compatible with 2.5G internet according to the realtek internet controller.

Screenshot 2022-04-04 195618.png

I'm gonna eventually have access to fiber internet and I don't know if my PC's ethernet port is capable of handling gigabit speeds. Does anyone know of a way to find the speed of the jack on the back of the motherboard.

If it's needed, the board is the Asustek P7H55-M LX, and the CPU is a core I7 860

2 minutes ago, Cr33ps said:

It is compatible with 2.5G internet according to the realtek internet controller.

Thanks, I looked on the support page for it, but they didn't have anything listed about the specs

1 minute ago, octester said:

Thanks, I looked on the support page for it, but they didn't have anything listed about the specs

I found it on https://icecat.biz/en-au/p/asus/p7h55-m+lx/motherboards-p7h55-m+lx-5857091.html if you want to check it out.

Quote me for the answer and please Mark As Solution if I solved your problem

What I need help with rn

Spoiler

Best pc guides

1 hour ago, octester said:

Realtek are awful, they don't mention all the chipset names as the RTL8112L appears to be based on the RTL8111 yet its not even listed on their drivers page at all so you have to be psychic to know.

1 hour ago, Cr33ps said:

The RTL8125 appears to be the 2.5Gbit version, so this one is purely Gigabit which it even says in your screenshot so I'm not sure where you got 2.5Gbit from.  I'd be shocked if any modern motherboard came with slower than that.

Yes a Gigabit NIC will work in a 2.5Gbit port, at 1.0Gbit only.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7