WIFI 6/6e on budget

LpoolTech

Hi! I'm changing my fiber provider and as it's more budget one I am afraid that the provided router will suck big time, up to now I've been with a major provider and due to location in the house signal strength and stability never been an issue with stock router (Askey RTF8115VW). To prepare myself for the issue I'm considering getting WIFI 6 router my budget is 50 euro there are few options on amazon with good reviews but if any of you have any input it would be highly appreciated. 

The Fiber speed is 600 Mbps up and down. 

Routers I'm considering :

https://www.amazon.es/HUAWEI-WiFi-AX3-Quad-coreWiFi-multiusuario/dp/B08DFSS245

https://www.amazon.es/HONOR-Router-1000Mbit-2976Mbps-Enrutador/dp/B08F25S6C1/

https://www.amazon.es/Tenda-RX3-Tecnologia-Coloring-Exclusiva/dp/B08YDGWYXP

for that price, you wont find any good wifi6 router. best stick with wifi 5 instead (its older so its cheaper). most of your devices probably dont even support wifi6 yet so its pointless. 

1 minute ago, TheBean said:

for that price, you wont find any good wifi6 router. best stick with wifi 5 instead (its older so its cheaper). most of your devices probably dont even support wifi6 yet so its pointless. 

Thanks for your input any suggestions for WiFi 5 models? I was going to go with WiFi 6  due to fire-stick 4k max being WiFi 6 compatible everything else in my flat is wired anyway. So I just hopped for good signal strength around the flat for mobile devices  

20 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

Thanks for your input any suggestions for WiFi 5 models? I was going to go with WiFi 6  due to fire-stick 4k max being WiFi 6 compatible everything else in my flat is wired anyway. So I just hopped for good signal strength around the flat for mobile devices  

well if range is a concern, wifi 6 is going to be worse than 5 anyway. newer wifi versions use higher frequencies which have lower range. and you dont really need blazing fast internet on your phone anyway. so wifi 5 will be perfect. I dont know which ones are good at that price range so im not sure how I can help. 

39 minutes ago, TheBean said:

well if range is a concern, wifi 6 is going to be worse than 5 anyway. newer wifi versions use higher frequencies which have lower range. and you dont really need blazing fast internet on your phone anyway. so wifi 5 will be perfect. I dont know which ones are good at that price range so im not sure how I can help. 

Ummm no?

WiFi 1 802.11a - 5GHz

WiFi 2 802.11b - 2.4GHz

WiFi 3 802.11g - 2.4GHz

WiFi 4 802.11n - 2.4GHz and 5GHz (many devices 2.4GHz only - any router that lists N300 is 2.4GHz only)

WiFi 5 802.11ac - 5 GHz (the 2.4GHz on any WiFi 5 device is actually the 2.4GHz from WiFi N)

WiFi 6 802.11ax - 2.4GHz and 5 GHz (some routers/APs are not actually using WiFi 6 on 2.4GHz, they are still using WiFi 4 for 2.4GHz. For example, Unifi U6-Lite is using WiFi 4 on 2.4GHz and is thus rated at 300Mbps, while the Unifi U6-Pro is using WiFi 6 on 2.4GHz and is thus rated at 573.5Mbps - source https://ubntwiki.com/products/wireless_ap_comparison)

WiFi 6E 802.11ax Extended - 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz (the 2.4GHz and 5GHz are the same as WiFi 6, and a 6E router/AP should never be using WiFi 4 for 2.4GHz)

So, WiFi 6E devices will still have the ability to use 2.4GHz when the range/signal dictates they should do so. And WiFi 6 brings improvements to 2.4GHz including higher speed and many power efficiency improvements that are intended for IoT devices.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

2 hours ago, LpoolTech said:

You're in a different regional market than most people on this forum, myself included. In the North American market, a good-quality AIO wireless router is not usually achievable at that budget, but the cheapest TP-Link option might be reasonable.

If Chinese brands like Tenda, Honor and Huawei are available to you and the reviews are good, I'd take a chance with the one within that budget and the most positive reviews. Unless there are others who have personal experience with these brands (calling @Alex Atkin UK), we won't be able to give much input.

11 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

You're in a different regional market than most people on this forum, myself included. In the North American market, a good-quality AIO wireless router is not usually achievable at that budget, but the cheapest TP-Link option might be reasonable.

If Chinese brands like Tenda, Honor and Huawei are available to you and the reviews are good, I'd take a chance with the one within that budget and the most positive reviews. Unless there are others who have personal experience with these brands (calling @Alex Atkin UK), we won't be able to give much input.

The Honor Router 3 performs really well on WiFi 6 but its extremely lacking in configuration options.  Its very much meant to be a basic unit and I never actually tested it as a router so no idea what broadband speeds it can handle.

Still for the price its really impressive.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7