$2000 PC for friend

Budget (including currency):聽$2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽Lighter games and maybe 1 or 2 heavier games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

I already have a list:聽https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GfJbhk

He needs a WiFi adapter because he has no Ethernet. Also, please include a Windows copy, and a keyboard. (MUST BE <80%) Also, he likes RGB so yeah.

how are you doing today

You're pretty close to spot on with your build list currently. I switched the board for the same version but with Wifi AX built in, it's the same price and leaps and bounds better than that Wireless N USB chip you added(those things are terrible and Wireless N hasn't been the standard for almost 7 years now). You can also save some money going with a different PSU, the corsairs are nice but you can get one of identical quality for cheaper. You can also save an extra $10 to $20 if you go for a non RGB kit of ram.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cfYHzf

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4- Phantom Black 512GB |

22 minutes ago, Vibrant._.gamez said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vrJbhk聽take a look at this z690 is overkill for an f I got u an aio for the same price and a cooler case all for 1980.50 and integrated WiFi聽

I forgot to mention that my friend would like air cooling more than an AIO since it鈥檚 more work.

how are you doing today

37 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I switched the board for the same version but with Wifi AX built in, it's the same price and leaps and bounds better than that Wireless N USB chip you added(those things are terrible and Wireless N hasn't been the standard for almost 7 years now).

I personally have a Wireless N USB chip in my PC, and sometimes it does disconnect when I don鈥檛 do anything for a while, (maybe power saving??) but the ping is not the worst. Although, I don鈥檛 have ethernet, so I was kind of forced to. And it鈥檚 not as bad as people think.

how are you doing today

1 minute ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

I forgot to mention that my friend would like air cooling more than an AIO since it鈥檚 more work.

Actually the thing is its really not an aio is very simple to install same as an air cooler but with 2 or so more steps but a custom water cooled pc is alot of work plus an aio looks cleaner

Just now, Vibrant._.gamez said:

Actually the thing is its really not an aio is very simple to install same as an air cooler but with 2 or so more steps but a custom water cooled pc is alot of work plus an aio looks cleaner

I personally have an AIO, and I haven鈥檛 cleaned it since I got it, (Christmas time) and it鈥檚 already pretty dusty, so what I鈥檓 saying is that the cleaning process is harder than an air cooler. That鈥檚 the main problem that my friend doesn鈥檛 want.

how are you doing today

1 minute ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

I personally have an AIO, and I haven鈥檛 cleaned it since I got it, (Christmas time) and it鈥檚 already pretty dusty, so what I鈥檓 saying is that the cleaning process is harder than an air cooler. That鈥檚 the main problem that my friend doesn鈥檛 want.

Mhm Well it is slightly more work but it really isn't harder u turn the system completely off u take out the aio fans which u don't need to and u spray compressed air on it easy as pi but I'll make a new list one sec

8 minutes ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7vnLPX聽 this should be more his style take a look

10 hours ago, Vibrant._.gamez said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7vnLPX聽 this should be more his style take a look

Not to be that guy but you're adding money to areas in this build that don't need it. You can build a comparable system for less. If OPs friend wants flashy RGB over performance and money saved that's their call but the list was good as is minus a few minor tweaks. The B560 is a nice point as OP isn't doing an unlocked CPU.

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

10 hours ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

I personally have a Wireless N USB chip in my PC, and sometimes it does disconnect when I don鈥檛 do anything for a while, (maybe power saving??) but the ping is not the worst. Although, I don鈥檛 have ethernet, so I was kind of forced to. And it鈥檚 not as bad as people think.

Wireless N is really holding you back, I see it all the time, ping isn't really the problem. You'll get a more stable and stronger connection with Wireless AX. Not to mention the range on those USB chips is abysmal. I see this everyday. Unless your entire WiFi setup(modem, router, and AP) is Wireless N you're going to want to get a better WiFi adapter. You'll see a better more stable connection and most likely notice faster download and upload speeds. I work in IT and Networking, I'm not just spouting nonsense. The WiFi being built into the board also saves your friend money... It's the same board just with built in WiFi and much better WiFi than that USB chip. A set of powerline adapters will also suffice for both of you, they convert the wiring in your home into an ethernet connection just by plugging one into an outlet and the router and one into an outlet and the computer. I'd look into them if either of you want a hardwired connection.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Not to be that guy but you're adding money to areas in this build that don't need it. You can build a comparable system for less. If OPs friend wants flashy RGB over performance and money saved that's their call but the list was good as is minus a few minor tweaks. The B560 is a nice point as OP isn't doing an unlocked CPU.

Yeah I wouldn't have done alot of rgb if they didn't say that their friend likes rgb聽

wifi for gaming, isnt really the best idea depending on how the wifi is setup ( depends on the games he gonna play course)

id suggest looking into powerline adapter,聽 its a bit hit and miss aswell, so buy from amazon and return if it doesnt work out right