Samsung Odyssey G7 Price vs VG27AQ

patii

Hi, recently i wanted to upgrade my monitor. While having some research i found out that Samsung G7 is around 420$ in Turkish amazon while in amazon.com or bestbuy it was around 530ish. Is my price investigation wrong or something? Is it actually cheaper in US or other countries? So anyway i went for G7 even though i have RTX 3070 only. I know i can't utilize all that 240hz on 1440p but buying an Asus vg27aq for 400$ while this is only 420 it didn't really seem reasonable. As far as i can see this monitor is well reviewed, no real big flaws. What would you do in this situation? I wanted to hear your opinion since i don't really trust local forums.

BTW vg27aq is now 356$ thanks to amazon but G7 is 417$ right know.

image.thumb.png.4872e016d415c8c7bad9fd88b3fb59b3.png

Thanks for replies.

8 minutes ago, patii said:

As far as i can see this monitor is well reviewed, no real big flaws.

And that's where you're wrong. Performance generally is great, but there is a reason this monitor sells way cheaper than the original $700-$800. People became aware of all the issues that weren't apparent in the specs and/or weren't apparent in most initial reviews. G-Sync flickering, Scanline issues and generally bad quality control resulting in a lot of units having bad backlight bleed or dead pixels.

But if you get a good unit it can be a good monitor. You can either try your luck or buy the VG27AQ as a "safe" option.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

And that's where you're wrong. Performance generally is great, but there is a reason this monitor sells way cheaper than the original $700-$800. People became aware of all the issues that weren't apparent in the specs and/or weren't apparent in most initial reviews. G-Sync flickering, Scanline issues and generally bad quality control resulting in a lot of units having bad backlight bleed or dead pixels.

But if you get a good unit it can be a good monitor. You can either try your luck or buy the VG27AQ as a "safe" option.

As far as i know they fixed flickering through software but yes i heard about quality control. I guess i can try my luck with samsung since return won't be problematic anyways. Will update on arrival.