PC build planning (quack quack)

Budget (including currency): $2,200 USD before tax

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, wordprocessing, Autodesk CAD workloads; Games I am looking to play: Doom Eternal, Apex, Horizon Zero Dawn, Halo: Infinite, Halflife: Alyx, Planetside 2, God of War

Other details: I have compiled a pcpartpicker list here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mxgmgb ; I'm looking to get a PC desktop tower to run high to ultra settings at 1440p at around 144fps (since my monitor is 1440p 144hz) and I want to do be able to enable raytracing with these settings. I already have a keyboard, mouse, monitor and a set of Astro headphones and will not need any additional peripherals.

My current main gaming computer is an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop (Ryzen 9 4900HS, 16 GB 3200 mhz ram, RTX 2060 max-Q, 1tb M.2 nvme gen 3) and it is getting pushed to it's limits whenever I attempt heavy gaming and regularly gets the cpu to 92 C and the gpu to 86C at 1440p low.

I'm just looking for some input regarding my pcpartpicker list. I would also like to know if I should wait until the next generation of ryzen, radeon rx and geforce rtx parts release before building this PC and rely on my struggling laptop for the time being. Quack.

There will always be new components around the corner, so I would not recommend waiting for anything. Quack.

32GB of RAM is what I recommend, with a 3070Ti. Quack.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/THxXv3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Vetroo V5 52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($167.25 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($112.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($839.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.97 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Noctua F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($22.90 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Noctua F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($22.90 @ Amazon) 
$1980.95

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

Preach, GMK!

828274871_Yoda-ToObi-WanYouListen.png.b78bc2774528b89854ed661dbdc8585a.png

Although with my build, I pushed the envelope a bit more in the processor department. I only settled for a 3060ti because I was already 65% over my planned budget (GMK and others saved me from turning my previous rig into a furnace), and couldn't find better without spending another $1500 or making a deal with the devil. BTW,  @GeorgeMKane, thanks for your advice and suggestions in my build, you potentially prevented a disaster and gave me knowledge that I've used in helping others here.

OP, keep in mind, in the end, everyone has to do what's right for them or what they like, and of course, that means you have to do what's best for you. However, I see an interesting trend of people blowing half their budget on flashy, blingy RGB stuff that doesn't help performance and takes away from the budget for things that do, and ultimately spending twice what they could have and only got 50% better of a machine.

Just today, I had someone throw shade and say that RGB is the most important part of a PC build. Kids -- what are you gonna do? My advice, sometimes less is more. For example, liquid cooling isn't even necessary for much of anything in the consumer market, so don't caught up in the trendiness of a cooling system that glows in the dark, etc. unless you have the budget for it and that's what you like. Consider that an add-on after the real necessities are tended to. Tempered-glass-window cases and RGB fans that twirl rainbow colors and sequentially "chase" each other are kind of cool if you like that sort of thing, but remember, you're building a computer, not a Christmas tree. Spend your money where it counts -- good board, good RAM, well-matched processor and GPU that don't bottleneck each other, enough cooling to keep it all from burning up. Anything else is window dressing.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I ordered the parts from @GeorgeMKane's list I was able to get the entire list through amazon prime and the only difference between being that I got the black 4000D airflow instead of the white one. Quack Quack Quack

On 3/31/2022 at 12:58 PM, SqueakyRubberDuck said:

I ordered the parts from @GeorgeMKane's list I was able to get the entire list through amazon prime and the only difference between being that I got the black 4000D airflow instead of the white one. Quack Quack Quack

Just make sure the graphics card wasn't from a third party seller (Should be shipped & sold by amazon). If it was, see if you can cancel and get it from Newegg or EVGA directly.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

On 4/1/2022 at 11:28 PM, GeorgeMKane said:

Just make sure the graphics card wasn't from a third party seller (Should be shipped & sold by amazon). If it was, see if you can cancel and get it from Newegg or EVGA directly.

I was able to get it sold and shipped by Amazon.