Cooling 5950x is a problem for me, please help good people! ;)

Go to solution Solved by TaiwaneseGuy11,
12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's the temp difference with front / side panels removed?

Actually by removing side and front panel I didn't get any significant difference. But what I found is the weak spot of this @#$% case top panel, removing it makes pc 6 С cooler.

12 hours ago, Shimejii said:

82-85 is honestly fine. You would need to get a different case or just have different room temps or a completely different case.

Big thanks guys @Shimejii @WoodenMarker  @An0maly_76 for stopping by ❤️ . I found a cool solution, maybe it is obvious for you guys though. I transfered OBS Stream on second CCD with Process Laso. On 1st CDD Stream was always pushing high frequency marks. And my CPU after this change dropped to 67-66 even in this "bad" case for my tasks.

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! Long story short: I got 5950x with EKWB EK-AIO 360 and while I am streaming through CPU and playing Apex at the same time ( frames capped at 190 2k Resolution) SO my CPU temp. is about 82 C sometimes with longer session running at 85 C. CPU overclocked up to 4.9-4.95 with some cores running at 5. Below CPU I got 6900xt. My Case is NZXT H710i MID-tower with 3 fans on the front panel + 3 on radiator + 1 on the back panel. SO my dream is to get it below 80 C, ideally at low 70s (maybe it will stay as my dream but at least it is the number I am going to). My thought is right now to change NZXT case to smth like Thermaltake View 51 and add like 3 more 120MM Arctic Cooling fans on the bottom, add two 140MM on top, put Radiotor on the side panel with fans to blow hot air out of the case. What results should I expect, wanna hear the best people (all of you here are the best :)) thoughts. Also if you have any suggestions what I shall to do, please feel  free  to say it..  Thanks for your time! 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have a 5900X. This is my cooling package:

Corsair 4000X case, six 120mm fans, Corsair iCUE Commander with custom fan curve -- 30C / 70%, 40C / 85%, all fans 100% at 70C

Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition air CPU cooler

Corsair XMT50 thermal paste

Package temp -- Idles around 39C, nominal load 47C-57C, sometimes 63C gaming -- Cinebench peaks around 75C, sometimes 85C.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

21 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Package temp -- Idles around 39C, nominal load 47C-57C, sometimes 63C gaming -- Cinebench peaks around 75C, sometimes 85C.

None of these numbers are particularly out of the ordinary. I'd expect 80+ on Cinebench particularly if you're doing the full 5 passes on CB R23, but everything else looks pretty normal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

25 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

None of these numbers are particularly out of the ordinary. I'd expect 80+ on Cinebench particularly if you're doing the full 5 passes on CB R23, but everything else looks pretty normal.

That's my point. This thing is running pretty normal, about what mine does. And mine is completely air-cooled. AIO is hardly necessary, and to me it's a lot of ooh-aah bling that doesn't increase performance and takes away from your budget for things that do. Not only that, but it is subject to failure without warning.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

OP - two questions. Is your 80C temp idle? Or only under full load?

Also, you mentioned 3 fans on the front, 3 fans on the radiator -- Is this a front mount with fans on either side, or is the radiator top / side-mount? Because with fans on both sides of a radiator, if they are blowing opposite directions, they will actually fight each other and keep the radiator from doing its job.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

80C really isn't that bad under full load, as AMD says the Zen3s are safe to 90C under full load, but full load means exactly that -- FULL load. This is what I've observed with HWinfo running Cinebench R23, American Truck Simulator and BeamNG.drive on my system...

Package temp

37C-39C idle

47C-58C nominal load

58C-63C gaming

70C-88C extended Cinebench trials

I was a bit dismayed to see these temps until I saw how quickly the temperature dropped after the test finished. 20-30C the first 30-60 seconds, another 25 or so in the next 30. Sometimes faster than that. Seems that Ryzens just have a tendency to swing wider than Intels in regard to temperature.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Actually by removing side and front panel I didn't get any significant difference. But what I found is the weak spot of this @#$% case top panel, removing it makes pc 6 С cooler.

12 hours ago, Shimejii said:

82-85 is honestly fine. You would need to get a different case or just have different room temps or a completely different case.

Big thanks guys @Shimejii @WoodenMarker  @An0maly_76 for stopping by ❤️ . I found a cool solution, maybe it is obvious for you guys though. I transfered OBS Stream on second CCD with Process Laso. On 1st CDD Stream was always pushing high frequency marks. And my CPU after this change dropped to 67-66 even in this "bad" case for my tasks.

Funny you should mention that. All six of my fans were connected to my iCUE Commander for power, but RGB was unplugged for fronts until I figured out whether I really wanted RGB all around. Plugged the RGB back up last night, and it shouldn't have made a difference, but just made a 30 minute run on CInebench R23 and never topped 72C. What gives?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!