How much Fans can this motherboard hold

Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,
2 minutes ago, DarkSplice said:

I looked at the fan splitter and it said in the review "USE IDENTICAL FANS!" So I don't think I can use the cool master fan
 image.png.b226cbd53c652201e42aec785b55e6da.png

Both being 3- or 4-pin fans is correct, but there's no reason you can't use two different 4-pin fans with a splitter. If the Cooler Master fan that came with the case is PWM (4-pin) you can use it with a splitter with one of the others without issue.

I have no idea why the reviewer was saying they need to be identical.

So I'm wonder how many fans the Asus TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard can Hold I know there is 2 Headers But I'm going to get a fan hub and I'm wondering is that motherboard Capable of it I will have 4 fans in the case.

Typically a motherboard header can handle about 1 amp. 2-3 fans per header is usually no problem, but specific fans used will be the final determination.

Regardless, with 4 fans you'll be totally fine even without the use of a fan hub. Just a few y-splitters and you're all set!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Standard fan headers can handle 1A of current. Most fans are roughly 0.3A of current, some more, some less. Therefore, you can run 3 fans off a header (unless they're super high current fans) using a Y splitter. 

If you want to use a hub, this doesn't matter. Hubs are externally powered, and therefore put no strain on the actual header. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Standard fan headers can handle 1A of current. Most fans are roughly 0.3A of current, some more, some less. Therefore, you can run 3 fans off a header (unless they're super high current fans) using a Y splitter. 

If you want to use a hub, this doesn't matter. Hubs are externally powered, and therefore put no strain on the actual header. 

I'm going to Use 3 artic P12 120M Fans and One Coolmaster fan that comes with the Case

What fan splitter should I get, should I plug it into one or both fan headers?
@RAS_3885

Simple one like this would work https://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Black-Sleeved-Splitter-Converter/dp/B01EF9OI0O/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2QZQXPLYJBW20&keywords=pc+fan+splitter&qid=1648498086&sprefix=pc+fan+splitter%2Caps%2C76&sr=8-3

Not advertising for or against the brand, it's just the first Amazon link for "pc fan splitter" as an example.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Just now, DarkSplice said:

I'm going to Use artic P12 120M Fans and One Coolmaster fan that comes with the Case

The Arctic fans draw 0.2A according to the product page, and I'd be surprised if the cooler master fan draws more than 0.4A. Basically, you should be able to drive all 4 fans off a single header. 

3 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Simple one like this would work https://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Black-Sleeved-Splitter-Converter/dp/B01EF9OI0O/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2QZQXPLYJBW20&keywords=pc+fan+splitter&qid=1648498086&sprefix=pc+fan+splitter%2Caps%2C76&sr=8-3

Not advertising for or against the brand, it's just the first Amazon link for "pc fan splitter" as an example.

I looked at the fan splitter and it said in the review "USE IDENTICAL FANS!" So I don't think I can use the cool master fan

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The Arctic fans draw 0.2A according to the product page, and I'd be surprised if the cooler master fan draws more than 0.4A. Basically, you should be able to drive all 4 fans off a single header. 

Ok, Thanks Cheers Mate.

Both being 3- or 4-pin fans is correct, but there's no reason you can't use two different 4-pin fans with a splitter. If the Cooler Master fan that came with the case is PWM (4-pin) you can use it with a splitter with one of the others without issue.

I have no idea why the reviewer was saying they need to be identical.