PC booted after replacing PSU but now doesn't

Specs:

• Motherboard - Asus B85m-g
  • CPU - i5-4570
  • GPU - Asus RX 580
  • RAM - 4x4GB Crucial DDR3
  • PSU - was 750W, changed to 500W

I'll start with my 7 hour repair story. My old PSU made a terrible noise so I decided to scavenge a 500W one from an old pc and put into mine. At first the PC didn't even start, it would keep restarting and not booting. I moved some cables around, made the PC turn on, but not display anything on the screen. Then I removed my GPU cable and plugged it back in. It somehow worked, the computer booted and worked like normal. I even played Elden Ring on it. 

And then, just as I was getting used to the peace and quiet of the new PSU, it broke. The blue screen proclaimed 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT' while watching a youtube video(not an LTT one unfortunately) . Now the same problem persists. The computer doesn't turn on and keeps restarting. 

Now I' ve tried removing the gpu, plugging each RAM in one by one, nothing works, not even the fix I used last time. 

So, what's wrong? I really have no idea since I got it working just an hour ago. 

Just to expand a bit:

The fans span and still do spin, the HDD also spins up. It doesn't beep when it restarts or displays a black screen. It does, however, beep when I remove all the RAM or the Gpu. 

The ethernet lights flicker. 

The psu was working on the old pc. 

Old PSU could have damaged the mobo when it failed and just took awhile to fully die.

Since this PSU was scavenged from another machine that had some hours on it, it's also possible the PSU being swapped in was about to quit too.

I swear these things have a mind of their own sometimes, and I truly believe they act up just to screw with us. Last night while playing BeamNG, BOOM -- all the fans go wide open, screen goes black and the Asus Aura on my 3060ti and B550-Plus start a breathing cycle (I had set both to dark with Armory Crate). Brand-new build with no other issues for the two weeks it has run other than my display and PC don't agree on startup resolution lately.

After wrestling Humpty-Dumpty down from his place on the wall, I found the DRAM light was on. Pulled RAM, inspected RAM and slots, blew everything out to be sure dust was not a problem, reseated and after about ten seconds, got a green boot light. No video display due to location, so I shut down and hoped for the best. BIOS gave an error saying GPU not supported, changes made for compatibility -- something I've never seen before. Seems to be fine other than being stupid about startup resolution (display defaults to 3840x2160 and tucks my 1920x1080 Windows desktop into a corner).

So like I said, i truly believe these things have a mind of their own and screw with us just to screw with us.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, yzipyzi said:

PSU - was 750W, changed to 500W

Brand and model of those PSUs?